unmolested quadzilla

And to think I sold my 87 LT500 with a built motor and dirt and sand tires for $2000.00. Man I wish I could have sold it someone for 5-7 grand. That would have paid for two banshees and alot of aftermarket parts. Only problem with the 500 is they get hot real fast, then ride around real slow while your buddies play. They just are not what everyone thinks they are. But for bottum end power they do come alive. Good luck Free Bump

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. People always think they can turn around and sell ATV's for what they bought them new for. Not going to happen.

Really? Explain to me O Great One, how 250R's sell for $3500-$4000 in average to above average condition right now. I know for a fact that in 1986 and '87 you could buy them brand new all day long for $2300. I bought a near new cond. '87 R in 1988 for $1500

Maybe its not worth 5-7k to you or anyone else who would take it and ride it, but to a collector who wants a perfect, unrestored example of one for show and tell, it is definitely worth it!

Really? Explain to me O Great One, how 250R's sell for $3500-$4000 in average to above average condition right now. I know for a fact that in 1986 and '87 you could buy them brand new all day long for $2300. I bought a near new cond. '87 R in 1988 for $1500

Maybe its not worth 5-7k to you or anyone else who would take it and ride it, but to a collector who wants a perfect, unrestored example of one for show and tell, it is definitely worth it!

Inflation. It's all about the time value of money. Work it out, see if you can get what you paid for your bike out of it. I bet you can't. Bike's are terrible investments, just like most of other things that move. :baseball_mitt:

I've noted your point.

To be honest though, in my area, I'm pretty sure I could get outta my Banshee exactly what I bought it for 4 yrs ago if I hadn't turned it into a drag bike. I see them selling all the time in a helluva lot worse cond than mine was in before I stripped it.

I dropped a turd about a half hour ago and someone thats a "collector" may pay 200 bucks for it but I wouldn't try selling it for that... Bikes should be viewed as a toy/hobby rather than a investment.. BECAUSE although you may get lucky and find a "sucker" to pay what your asking, that doesn't really mean thats the fair/going price.. But iam not in the market so happy hunting for that "collector"

Free Bump :beer:

RIPPEN

I dropped a turd about a half hour ago and someone thats a "collector" may pay 200 bucks for it but I wouldn't try selling it for that... Bikes should be viewed as a toy/hobby rather than a investment.. BECAUSE although you may get lucky and find a "sucker" to pay what your asking, that doesn't really mean thats the fair/going price.. But iam not in the market so happy hunting for that "collector"

Free Bump :beer:

RIPPEN

Do you know a good turd collector? I have one that's all studded out with corn, I might sell for the right price. It has to be more than I have into it though. :baseball_santa:

A sport quad collector?, dosn't sound like much fun for the investment, I've seen some NICE zilla's go for very little money. 5-7 g's is WAY to much $$ for a 20 year old bike.

You guys saying theres no aftermarket for LT500's are sadly, sadly mistaken. I read people saying the same thing about Tecates. My buddy has a zilla with alot of aftermarket sh*t... bumper, grab bar, swingarm, hubs, axle, shocks, a-arms, cylinder head, rims, rotors, skid plates, pipe, plastics, seat covers, ss brake lines... and so on. So there certainly is an aftermarket, my buddy didn't spend 10k on oem sh*t. Hell he had his motor build/ported by Duncan.

On ebay in summer 04 there was an 88 250r that had never been fired, the dude took the chain off of it so it could be pushed around w/o wearing the sprockets, he showed it and everything. Everything original was there, never taken apart or tampered with, original owner. If I remember correctly it sold for $8,500. I couldn't believe it, but apparently there is a market for the boring hobby of quad collecting. Now obviously theres more interest in R's then LT's, but I'm sure this thing (if it's what this guy says it is) will fetch atleast $5,000. This certainly isn't the site to be advertising it on though... tell your buddy throw it on ebay.

You guys saying theres no aftermarket for LT500's are sadly, sadly mistaken. I read people saying the same thing about Tecates. My buddy has a zilla with alot of aftermarket sh*t... bumper, grab bar, swingarm, hubs, axle, shocks, a-arms, cylinder head, rims, rotors, skid plates, pipe, plastics, seat covers, ss brake lines... and so on. So there certainly is an aftermarket, my buddy didn't spend 10k on oem sh*t. Hell he had his motor build/ported by Duncan.

On ebay in summer 04 there was an 88 250r that had never been fired, the dude took the chain off of it so it could be pushed around w/o wearing the sprockets, he showed it and everything. Everything original was there, never taken apart or tampered with, original owner. If I remember correctly it sold for $8,500. I couldn't believe it, but apparently there is a market for the boring hobby of quad collecting. Now obviously theres more interest in R's then LT's, but I'm sure this thing (if it's what this guy says it is) will fetch atleast $5,000. This certainly isn't the site to be advertising it on though... tell your buddy throw it on ebay.

Thanks, gottago2stroke: We will try ebay. I thought I would offer it to you guys that appreciate 2-strokes first.

I should have pictures today to post.

• 2 weeks later...