+2 swinger for trails

crazyrotts

Can I get away with a +2 swing-arm in the trails? Will it make a big diff. in turning? Also what size chain would I need or can I use stock replacement? I'm clueless on this topic. Thanks

mine had A 2" extention on it when I bought it & trails are fine. i'm sure its cheeper to (depending on what you are doing, it's just A bolt in ) it's worked fine for me so far, except for less traction?

here is A pic.

2" extention

Cubs and trails Hmmmmmmmm, let me think........... trails.................Braaaaap, braaaaaaap, braaaaap, doink that didn't hurt, braaaaap, braaaaaaaaaap, braaaaaap, smack that didn't hurt either.

What do you mean............ no these are those new taco rims, they come complete with a set of pre-bent handlebars for improved aerodynamics, and a cracked helmet so I can take it off faster to get to my next beer............... :yelrotflmao:

Cubs and trails Hmmmmmmmm, let me think........... trails.................Braaaaap, braaaaaaap, braaaaap, doink that didn't hurt, braaaaap, braaaaaaaaaap, braaaaaap, smack that didn't hurt either.

What do you mean............ no these are those new taco rims, they come complete with a set of pre-bent handlebars for improved aerodynamics, and a cracked helmet so I can take it off faster to get to my next beer............... :yelrotflmao:

funny man right there :biggrin:

Ok, i'll add one more comment. While plenty of people are replying saying that they ride trails with extended swingarms, it isn't the best setup. Sure you can do it, but it isn't the smartest way. A longer swingarm is going to handle worse, and will put less power to the ground. The best way to go for trails or mx is a shorter swingarm. If you should have to learn anything, its throttle control. You will hook up harder with a shorter swingarm (puts more weight on the rear wheels), and will turn easier with it. If you have so much power you wheelie everywhere, thats where the throttle control comes in. If you wheelie out of control, then you simply need to use less throttle. Trail riding isn't about horsepower, its about finess.