Noss heads

b33rs

Ok, this might hurt a little but I'm a little lost about the dome sizing in heads. I see a few people running domes from 18 to 20 give or take a few, but my question is there any that you can run that you don?t need to mix gas? And, if you have to mix can you run any dome? Now, I know it changes the compression but I see people with pretty stock motors running the same size domes as a modded motor. I looked over at Noss for a sheet or something on this and couldn?t find it. I have decided to go with Nosses head on this. But want to make sure I understand them a little more. Also, if it matters this bike will only see Sand. Thx for any info :banghead:

Edited by b33rs

The octane of fuel depends on the compression that you are pushin'. I got a set of 20cc domes from NOSS and because of my set-up and elevation where I ride I could get away with it. If your compression is above 160 at the elevation that you ride at you need to run higher octane fuel to keep from detonating. I run 50/50 AV100LL and 93, but once I get my motor back I am going to have to run straight AV100LL............

Bottom line, you need to check compression..................... :beer:

Ok, aside from mixing the gas and having the bike run cooler how much of a difference between a 21 or 22cc dome would be compared to running say a 18 or 19cc dome? Would the motor need anything done to it to run a 18 or 19cc dome? I guess what I'm trying to find out is if my plans were to build this motor could I stick with the same size dome through out the build or would I need to match it up a little better to avoid problems? I would like to get as much out of it as possible without troubles :beer:

Like the other guys are saying, it depends on your other mods, your elevation, and the octane you want to run. What are your other mods, or the mods you plan on doing, and the elevation you will be riding at?

-David

Like the other guys are saying, it depends on your other mods, your elevation, and the octane you want to run. What are your other mods, or the mods you plan on doing, and the elevation you will be riding at?

-David

As far as elevation I'm less than 4000 and may ride a few times at this elevation, but the bike was setup for sealevel. And for octane lets just say I'll be running straight 110. Mods as of right now I run Rockets, VF3 and K&n. But my plan will be a Cub with a 4mill. So, aside from the octane I might run what dome would you suggest? thx for the feedback :thumb:

You need to call Dave at NOSS directly and talk to him, because if you are setting up now you are going to have to get different domes when you get your stoked cub set up. The domes for the cubs are usually custom made by the builder, unless you are doing it yourself at which time you are going to have to talk to Dave at that time anyway.

Right now it sounds like you are trying to set up your shee for the future mods, but you can't do that until you do the mods because it wont run to its potential now. But for right now you need to call Dave and he'll set you up for your current set up.............. :beer:

If you are running 110 octane, I'd probably go with 19cc domes. You will probably need different domes with the Cubs because the deck height is usually different than with stock cylinders and the bore size is usually 68mm.

If you are running 110 octane, I'd probably go with 19cc domes. You will probably need different domes with the Cubs because the deck height is usually different than with stock cylinders and the bore size is usually 68mm.

Ok, cool I'm heading out for the weekend to the coast to ride but I'll give you a call Dave next week to work out the details. Again thx for the help guys :beer: