Is This A Good Set Up?

White06Shee

I dont know how fast your wanting to get started on your project, but i have a set of t5's i'm getting ready to sale. I'll get some pics. on tomorrow if you think you might be interested. I live in Ks. dont know what shipping would be, I want to go with out frames. I'm thinking the t5's are worth around $250.00 I would have to see how much shipping would be. if your interested let me know how soon you will be getting started.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok well i found a shop near me, all they do are atv, and dirtbike work and welding and crap, i called them and said i have a 06 shee and want the crank welded and trued and they said that they do that and for $115.00, but i have to disasimble the motor and just bring in the crank, and while my crank is getting welded and trued im going to get it port and polished from another shop up north a aggresive dune port for $250, does this seem cheap or expensive

also if i get the crank welded and trued, if i run 30mm carbs and port and polished, 18cc domes on cool head, vforce reeds, kn pods, pipes, would this be a good set up?

PRIME SETUP ! You are going to get a HELLLLLLLLLL of a gain. with all that work.... seems like your are going all out from stock , why dont ya pickup a 4mill stroker ( around 420 ) .... sell the 06 crank for around 200 ...... Just make sure the shop knows your setup you are going to run , maybe they will do a better job knowing what pipes you will be using etc ....

my port job alone was 600 with some new domes , 12 port =-D

with those domes you should be running race gas probly, check compression

well i dont really want to bore my motor till i have to, thats why i wouldnt want a stroker crank becuae if i did that i would bore the cylenders and new piston and shit, i dont want to go all out till i have to, but would everything i said be a good set up and what about the price on the weld and true

If you are having the cylinders ported, just buy a set of weisco pistons in stock bore. you don't have to bore the cylinders, i didn't. For T-5 pipes you can buy them for $500.00 from Rockymountanatv.com with free shipping. Add the ricky stator timing plate at 4 degrees. Get a cool head with 18cc domes, it will put you around 155-160 psi. i personally run race gas. look on ebay for filters, I bought mine from steves perfomance in Dexter, OR. These look awesome and will fit the 30-34 carbs. i bought all my parts for the motor off of ebay, oh and also since you have it apart buy an aftermarket water pump. The plastic ones suck. Best of luck to you.