Easiest way to adjust jetting

I can give you a few tips that work for me.

1- It helps to know what going on inside your carb, read the FAQ, or the how a carb works in Clymers. Until you understand how it works, it's gonna be hard to set up.

2- Loosen all the intake tract clamps, remove the airbox first if you still have it, then the carbs and boots. Unscrew the caps, and pull out the carb. Once it's out, take off the bowl, and voila, you should now be able to see the main and pilot jets.

3- If I'm just compensating for things such as airbox, pipes, and climate changes, I usually just chnage the main, and reset the slides. I have never had to mess with air screws, needle positions and stuff like that, and it seems(although I could be wrong), that you don't unless your doing major changes.

Ohh, and read the FAQS up top, alot of this has been covered alot of times, so a good search can help you too, just thought I'd give you a quick run down because I'm super bored here.

Does anybody have pictures or a good description on how they change their jets? It seems like it would be time consuming cuz theres so much stuff to take apart. Other people dont seem to have problems taking the carbs apart but its time consuming for me...

I agree with last post.

But, when changing jets, I have not always had to remove the carbs, just loosened the intake clamps and rotated carbs enough to remove the bowls. You can then easily change the jets. Watch your choke tube, you will need to make sure it is still connected when you re-clamp the carbs.

This will not work though if you still have TORS on.

Clamp on Pod filters make jetting much easier. All I take of is the seat. I have Keihin carbs with an intake that has the cross over tube machined in between the carbs.

Remove Seat

Take the filters off.

Take the carbs out of the intake boots

Remove the acces plug from the bottom of the carb bowls. It is really nice to be able to change main jets with out removing the carb bowls.

Then work your way back up the list.

^

Yeah it'll still work if you have TORS. There's enough room in there.

Just pull the carb out of the intake and flip it over. I've done that

many times. Its changing the needle position that is a bitch with the

TORS still attached.

If youre terrain allows clamp on filters, i'd suggest going that route.

If not, once you've taken the air box out once, it comes out and goes back

in faster and faster. Just pay attention to the rubber boots when doin that.

They are easy to put holes in and once you have an air leak and you dont

catch it, boom! You'll be rebuilding your engine.

:beer: