banshee vs 400ex

tonyown

Hi all

today I've seen a guy who is sure that he can beat my ass with his 400ex.... do you think that he was simply drunk or is it possible? My opinion is if I can beat a 450r right now with my setup 1 (see below)... And i asked him if he beat 450 he answered no... i can probably beat him easily...

I don't know what kind of mods he has... probably a cam, pipe maybe bigbore kit...

here's my setup

setup1 (actual):

Fmf fatty's, pro design air filter, wiseco pro lites stock bore pistons... (this is enough to beat stock 450r and near to beat a raptor 700)

Setup2 (setup when i'll drag the little 400ex)

-fmf fatty's

-Pro design filter

-Wiseco prolites stock bore piston

-barnett clutch kit (ordered will recive next week)

-Noss cool head with 21 cc domes (ordered will recive with clutch kit)

-Adjustable timing plate +4 (not ordered but will soon)

And I'm thinking about running 50/50 pump / race fuel with 50:1 oil (motul 800 syntec)

(91 octane pump fuel here I suppose there are risk of detonation with more compression and timing advance so ill mix race fuel)

what's your opinion?

Dude you'll smoke him no problem.One of my buddies has a 400 with a 440 kit and edlebrock carb and some aftermarket cam and my ex-wifes stock (yeah stock)banshee would kill it.He was so dumb founded he bought her banshee a week later.I sh*t you not..

Edited by bansheeseat$$

lol cool :baseball_santa:

it's wath I am thinking too but I always give other the oportunity to think they can win...

When my friend bought his 450R he was saying haha my 11 000$ bike will beat your ass... I said ah maybe...but I paid mine 3700 and i can have a lot of fun with... (I thought he was right) but when I tryed his shity 4 stroke I immediatly said: okay next time we ride together let race no problem :baseball_sleep: and it's so easy to beat with only pipes and filter... raptor 700 is about 2-3 feet in front of me from 1 to 6 but he has more top speed

so finally i just can say I LUV SHEE :biggrin:

Edited by tonyown

Tony...

Once you get the 21cc head, check compression.

At 1500ft...you should be able to get away with premium pump gas with 21c domes and +4 of timing.

SHOULD.....

You'll probably end up with about 140 PSI...which should run pump gas all day long with +4 timing...

but...LISTEN to your motor, PERIOD...

Jay...

I'll be very curious to see how yours turns out....

I just smoked the 400ex...

When we start together i go in front of him fastly and when I miss my start I go search him and go in front again... it's not bad for a 400 he just have cam, pipe, filter but I think he's able to beat or to be next to a complete stock shee with 2 good drivers...

dajogejr: I think I'll dont try my 91 alone... I'll probably just mix 50/50

• 2 weeks later...