Fliping The Front Rims?

White06Shee

you have to get shorter valve stems. but i dont know if i would do it because its realy hard on the balljoints.

and how would this make it hard on the ball joints i dont understand

If you understand torque it's simple, the force(weight of wheel) is located farther away from the pivot point(ball joint), so it will apply a greater torque to it, and stress the ball joint. I honestly don't know how much it will affect the shees ball joints, but do you really need an extra 1.5" up front? I've ridden mine for a while, and I wouldn't chance it, I'd buy new arms for a wider track.

I did it years ago on stock front end. I found a plastic plug and used epoxy to keep it in. Just drilled holes on the other side. I noticed alot more feed back in the handle bars. Extending the from the spindle only gives a slight increase in the travel arc. Longer a arms is the ticket.

seen it done many times over . some people flip them so they get a - 1.5 i flip my hubs inside out for the rear tires .

so y do you flip your hubs like that? i flip my rims in the back and got 1.25'' in the back on both sides.

Heres a pic of my 06 shee, bone stock exccept the i5500 hydrodynamic front suspention with the rims fliped, i had to get flush mount valves $18 for all four i only needed 2 but i got them at Discount tires. tell me what you guys think of it

Edited by White06Shee

If you like thats all that matters. But I wouldn't do it.

Its the wrong way to widen something. Spacers, flipping your rims, all the same thing. Puts extra pressure on your spindles and ball joints. Plus when you get the center of the wheel so far from the turning axis, you magnify every bump you hit. Just makes it handle worse. Not to mention it exposes your calipers, and your lower balljoint more.

If +2 arms aren't wide enough, then you should get +3.

Edited by dawarriorman

I dont see why you need the extra width. I run +3+1s its nice to have on the track or in wide open places but damn if ill go in the woods with it. I bump shit like mad running a 50in front end. Iv even thought about getting 4-1 offset rims to take 2in off. I guess its all about your riding style but i wouldnt do it.