i may be getting scammed on ebay for a banshee head.

csrmel

ok, so i did an ebay search on "banshee head" and came up with this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

a real new pro design cool head complete with orings, domes, studs with a buy it now for $50? i couldnt pass it up. hell it costs more than that just to get a stock banshee head recut. i looked over the seller feedback and decided that although the feedback score was low, he did have 100% positives, and he is a verified paypal member.

so i bought it now. about 15 minutes later i got a tracking conformation number emailed to me. damn thats quick. im starting to get suspicous at this point.

an hour or so later i get a notice from paypal that the seller is refunding my $10 shipping money because the head includes free shipping. what the hell? can this deal get any better? right in the auction it states that the shipping price is additional and te calculated cost came up to a bit over $10. so according to the auction the head doesnt include free shipping. so why is he refunding my shipping?

im starting to think maybe hes going to ship me a box of rocks or something. this whole thing just seems funny now.

It says in the listing that buy it now includes free shipping. I'm thinking you just happened upon one of those rare ebay bargains and the guy just wasn't too smart about what he could get for the thing. Way to go. I think you will get what is shown in the pics. I'm looking forward to the update.

How much time was left on the auction, or how long had it been listed?

i really hope i get a cool head and not a box if rocks. the tracking number he gave me for ups shows a 7lb box being shipped to me. i guess i dont understand how he could get me a tacking number so soon. i know you can get a ups account online for that stuff but how did he know i bought it now sence the time i bought it now is a variable unless he constantly checking his emails over and over again with nothing better to do?

i think it was listed for about 15 minutes before i got it. at the time i bid the page view counter said no one had even seen the auction yet.

i really hope i get a cool head and not a box if rocks. the tracking number he gave me for ups shows a 7lb box being shipped to me. i guess i dont understand how he could get me a tacking number so soon. i know you can get a ups account online for that stuff but how did he know i bought it now sence the time i bought it now is a variable unless he constantly checking his emails over and over again with nothing better to do?

i think it was listed for about 15 minutes before i got it. at the time i bid the page view counter said no one had even seen the auction yet.

He listed it, and was still on ebay 15 minutes later when you bought it. He notice that, and went ahead and printed out a shipping label. Nothing sounds fishy to me.

Just giving the benefit of the doubt for now, he could have a blackberry and gets his emails as they come in, or he could have his email setup where it'll notify him some way when he sells something on ebay...you can setup your email account to send certain emails to certain places, etc. I totally understand where you're coming from, but I wouldn't worry about it until it's been over a week and no package. :beer:

You have got the steal of a century if that comes through.

Look at all his other auctions via Feedback. They're all bike parts, mostly all plastic, etc.

Seems legit...maybe he just didn't know what it was worth...good thing you do.

I would've bought that in a heart beat, turned around and sold it for 150...and the buyer STILL would've gotten a good deal.

You stole it...good for you!

i thought about emailing paypal just to ask them whats up but then i thought what am i going to tell them? that he has really quick shipping and is so honest that he refunded my shipping money without me asking for it?

basically, i got nothing on this guy except suspicion. none the less i live in america and the law is innocent untill proven guilty so i will give this man the benefit of the doubt and wait for the box to arrive. if he comes through ill give him the best feedback in all the history of ebay.

incase anyone cares to follow the story, heres the ups.com tracking number. 1Z 089 878 03 9490 740 9

i sell a lot of stuff on ebay and you can set it up that the tracking # is automatically replied. I know when i sell stuff, i have it pre boxed and weight so as soon as they pay, it ships.

Also, i got a deal too on ebay. I bid 1.00 on brand new stock pipes and it had free shipping. Well, no one else bid so i got them. He actually sent them too me too. for 1.00. The ebay fees alone had to be more than that. Deals are deals. Good luck with the head.

i sell a lot of stuff on ebay and you can set it up that the tracking # is automatically replied. I know when i sell stuff, i have it pre boxed and weight so as soon as they pay, it ships.

Also, i got a deal too on ebay. I bid 1.00 on brand new stock pipes and it had free shipping. Well, no one else bid so i got them. He actually sent them too me too. for 1.00. The ebay fees alone had to be more than that. Deals are deals. Good luck with the head.

ahahaha, that reminds me of when my sister decided it would be a good idea to sell some old VCR tapes on ebay. It sold for $2 and she didnt say that shipping would be extra, so she got the money, then shiped it, which cost her $2.50 :yelrotflmao: