Tutorial for cut front fenders

Dmcbanshee

• 7 months later...

Weeeee...I almose cut my finger off with a razor blade trimming the plastics on my Wifes shee, dremil for now on. :pirate:

Heres what I do... Seems like the cutting the fenders question has been asked a bunch, so I thought I would post how we do them.

Here is what I started with...

2007_0412Raptor0002.jpg

Measure off your tape lines to get it all even...

2007_0412Raptor0005.jpg

2007_0412Raptor0006.jpg

2007_0412Raptor0003.jpg

I draw on my tapeline with a Sharpie marker so I have a permanent line to cut along...

2007_0412Raptor0007.jpg

Cut along the line, I wanted right outside to get where I needed to be...

Used a Dremel with a large cut off wheel

2007_0412Raptor0008.jpg

Sand the edges down...

2007_0412Raptor0013.jpg

Finished with the cut... These are going to be painted, but thats how I cut em.

2007_0412Raptor0021.jpg

i have heard that using a torch is a good way to get the stress marks out of plastics. has anybody else heard of this/tried it? or is this a load of b.s.?

also i cut the fenders on my blaster with a dremel/cut-off wheel. even on the lowest speed setting it melted the plastics.

i work with plastic for a living a torch will take some light stress marks out but not real bad ones just lightly heat the stress mark and wipe off smokey area with ur finger just dont heat it too long and u dont a lot of heat to do this.no cutting torchs

• 2 weeks later...
i have heard that using a torch is a good way to get the stress marks out of plastics. has anybody else heard of this/tried it? or is this a load of b.s.?

also i cut the fenders on my blaster with a dremel/cut-off wheel. even on the lowest speed setting it melted the plastics.

it works but be very careful not to melt the plastic. if you melt the plastic it is almost sure to break, in a surprisingly short time. thats what happened to me. if i were to do it again i would get ahold of a heat gun. if you decide to use a torch, good luck :beer: