dune buggies

i have to agree with lincster. the more weight the better its gonna ride and have less driver fatigue. plus the last time i was in an X-5 it had power steering where you could pivot the wheel with one finger at a dead stop, lets you put that on a busa rail. the closest you could come would be a Scotts stabilizer, haha.

Kudos to your boy with King Kongs. thats a man's shock.

I am going to add power steering onto my car before the season starts in Oct.

After my buddies car is done, I will post some pix. It is going to be insane!!!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally enjoy the street bike powered cars, mainly because they fit my lifestyle right now. Me and my wife are young, full time students, not much cash flow. My toyhauler is small, I only need two seats, no kids, and I can throw it in any trailer. I have about $6000 wrapped up in my car, doesn't have the most travel, or the biggest motor, but driving skills make up for that. My brother's car has the new ZX10 in it, this thing will tear the dunes up. Guy out of Nebraska builds them. The larger cars are no doubt nicer, and more plush, but you have to have more money to build, more fuel, bigger Toy hauler, bigger truck, more money for repairs and maintence. Mine is the unpainted car, my brothers is the silver car.

Brother's Car

KellysBuggyInternet.JPG

My Car

InternetFront.jpg

Edited by westexgt

last i saw him he had a buck (buggy with a truck body)

hahhaaha. You mean a Truggy? They usually have a bit different geometry to them than a buggy. Robbie Gordons truck is an example.

Lincster might know more. I just oogle em, not drive em.

robby gordons truck is not a truggy... lets not start the truggy argument over here....mid engine v-drive doesnt mean that its a buggy... the side winder truck thing is simply a buggy with a truck body.. more of a truggy then gordons truck..... what would you call the bell air buggy though??...

hahaha, uh oh, can of worms?

i look at it like this, the herbst have a truggy. truck chassis, mid engine 3/4 link and a-arms, but with a class one body.

so that makes this thing a buck, or so i figure. buggy chassis, a-arms up front, trailing arms in back and rear engine.

thats how i look at it anways.

the herbst truggy is what started the whole debate(no truck chassis under that, completely tube)... its more or less an open wheel trophy truck.. class one guys hate em.. it dominates everyone.. but the definition of a truggy is a truck with buggy type rear suspension... motor and front suspension doesnt matter.. i could care less really but this is what people in the industry from other forums swear.. its easy to say that an open wheel car with a link is a truggy like everyone assumes (i did too)...

but anyways,

westexgt..... where did you get those front tires on your car.. how tall are they?? and will they fit a ten inch rim??