mx...... wich one?

bigubbbabadazz

ok im moving up in the world of quads....and i cant really decide... i know what ever i pick i will be happy but i also what the handle on the other racers

i am getting a NEW quad... heres the choices

ltr450

trx450r

atk 440

or banshee

its for mx/trails/woods/open/ and maybe for some flattrack

what should i get and why?

UUUUHHHHHH You know your on a banshee sight right hehe jk man. But i can tell ya my vote it would be a shee. ya you can buy the ltr 450 and I would say that it is your best bet as far as an over all good quad would be imo. that is what i am going to buy after i get another banshee, that way I can have a trail shee and a dune shee and a 4 poke for anytime and the 4 poke my wife would ride mostly. I would just go with the shee because there is nothing else like them thay are just a bad ass quad hehe then again i may be just a lil bias.

UUUUHHHHHH You know your on a banshee sight right hehe jk man. But i can tell ya my vote it would be a shee. ya you can buy the ltr 450 and I would say that it is your best bet as far as an over all good quad would be imo. that is what i am going to buy after i get another banshee, that way I can have a trail shee and a dune shee and a 4 poke for anytime and the 4 poke my wife would ride mostly. I would just go with the shee because there is nothing else like them thay are just a bad ass quad hehe then again i may be just a lil bias.

Umm no, its too much work, time and money to make a shee MX ready IMO, well since you dont have the YFZ in there i would go with the ltr 450, hope this help.

• 2 weeks later...

The Honda if you like Honda's and the YFZ if you like Yamaha's. The LTR and the Honda are not much stock and take a fair amount of cash to really upgrade. You'll get more out of the YFZ for the least amount of money. Basicially a muffler, jet kit, fuel screw you can get to is it outside the motor and thats really all they need. Air filter's really don't do anything but cause problems. My next one will be a full blown MX race bike. I'll probably go with the LTR since I'm 6'1" and feel like a giant sitting on a bar stool on the YFZ and Honda. My unbiased opinion is the LTR if you are looking to sink some serious money into one and the YFZ if not. You can never go wrong with the blue ones. Just make sure you get the one you need.

• 1 month later...

If you want the ultimate well rounded machine buy the new Zuk LT450R. Those bikes are the way to go if you are going to buy a new bike. They make more power and they take to mods very well. Also the chassis is the bomb period, with wide a-arms stock and good shocks at 50" wide from the factory you don't have to spend a dime to make it a competitive MX bike, just hit the starter button and ride it.

Now in stock form that bike will be more than you will need for a while so I would highly suggest the Zuk LT450R over anything out there right now.

Agreed.

If you want the ultimate well rounded machine buy the new Zuk LT450R. Those bikes are the way to go if you are going to buy a new bike. They make more power and they take to mods very well. Also the chassis is the bomb period, with wide a-arms stock and good shocks at 50" wide from the factory you don't have to spend a dime to make it a competitive MX bike, just hit the starter button and ride it.

Now in stock form that bike will be more than you will need for a while so I would highly suggest the Zuk LT450R over anything out there right now.

The extra width and 18" tires dont make it very trail freindly at all... I would say the more rounded machine would be the honda or yamaha.... just my 2 cents

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

well it depend, ive already ben on all of them, i felt to cramp on the yfz, the ltr didnt have the power I was looking for and the trx felt a little tall compared to the other two, I prefere the banshee but it take a little more skill to really race one. my banshee is getting set up to mx but its is hard :banghead:

I just got a LTR 450 about a month ago and It has great power and I have not had any problems in the trails,,All I have done to it is the Cherry bomb, removed air box lid, and got rid of the butt plug in it,,It seems to pretty much smoke avery other 450 out there,,

As far as the trails go,,I ahve been riding a +2 a-arm banshee in the trails for years,,maybe that is why it dosent bother me too much