450 calipers to a banshee

sand4ever

Ok so I tried searching for info and all it showed was about the yfz450 front shocks. What i want to know is if the calipers will bolt up to the banshee spindles and is there a noticeable difference or wasting my money. thanks

Edited by sand4ever

YA they bolt right on... you just have to trim that backing plate thing.. or I heard some people just take it off. I put some on mine and they work better... but not as much better as I was hoping for. If you have some extra ones kicking around then go for it, or if your stock ones are no good, but if you have to buy some don't spend too much. I got mine from the for sale section on http://www.yfzcentral.com/. Way cheaper than the ones I saw on e-bay.

I've got the YFZ450 calipers on my Banshee, and yes they fit right on. Just have to remove the backing plate/heat shield thing which is pointless anyways.

And I do think they make a difference, but I replaced me entire front braking system so it's hard to say what made the most difference. The reason for this change is that my stock master cylinder took a shit, and well Banshee stuff just sucks anyways..

I went with the 450R master cylinder, ASR steel braided brake lines, YFZ450 calipers, and EBC pads. And in my opinion, HUGE improvement over stock. I mainly ride MX and the difference is huge, not just in clamping power, but I get hardly any brakefade now, and it used to be unavoidable.

I say it's worth the time and money if you ride your bike hard like I do. If you're just a cruiser or drag racer it may not be so worthwhile though.

Edited by guttedEF