Boot ?'s

Sandlizard

Im tellin ya, just use an old pair of tennis shoes. If you're worried about ur feet falling off and getting hung up in the tires you need to learn how to ride. Juuuuust sayin.

Did that for years...then one trip my shoes got wet and I used my work boots. My feet could not have been happier.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You know you dont need the gear just like travis pastrana, mike metzger, and twitch dont need or wear it when they ride RIGHT! Hey fuck tard, what happens when a rail slams into you out in the dunes? Think you might want a helmet then? IDIOT! :shootself:

Pretty sure it doesnt matter how much gear your wearing when you get hit by a sand rail. That shit is going to fuck your day up. I have seen plenty of motorcycle vs car crashes and helmets dont do shit.

Now with that being said. I dont ride without my helmet......period.

• 5 weeks later...

i thought the point of riding boots was to limit mobility of your ankle and foot to keep it from getting hurt. i have alpinestar tech 6's and they are really broke in and flex well but still keep my ankles in place. what kind of mobility do you need as long as you can shift and brake??

NAILED IT!

I have some Alpinestars Tech 7s. They were a little too stiff at first and I wasn't sure I would like them. After one season of brake in they loosened up and now I won't ride in anything else.

NAILED IT!

you forgot a helmet .lol and goggles you have to goggles. but you are going to say some old sun glasses will be better and cheaper. what thats sayin "why buy gear just buy more beer".

That is funny.

• 1 month later...

I have a pair of oneal pistons , they are getting broke in so the mobility is getting better . Best thing to keep sand out is get a pair of over the boot riding pants , I have a nice MM pair and they zip down to shorts as well . Those half boots just dont provide the protection I like , and anyone that rides a quad in tennis shoes is certifiable ......

I hate most of the riding boots. I flattrack in a set of Thors but for dune riding and sitting up on the tank I'm like Kickstart , I wear a set of wolverine hiking boots too but I take offense to the cant ride part. I've ran over my foot so many times its not funny and luckily havent killed an ankle.

• 5 weeks later...

I have always worn work boots also but 2 years ago in glamis I caught a witcheye kind of crooked and by surprise, I saw it last second and did not crash but it folded my left foot under the peg with my heel still on the peg.It caught my toe when suspension bottomed. I have a plate and 8 screws in it now. I consider myself an excellent skilled rider and very familiar with sand riding. It only took a second of looking back and I did not see it in the noon sun till I was on it. Tennis shoes and even work boots are not enough in my opinion, I was wearing work boots. My ankle will never be the same.

I have not bought riding boots still, all the ones I have tried on fit like shit, and wouldn't flex with all the plastic bullshit all over them, I was hoping that someone had a great brand to buy.

I used to never wear a helmet either, I always took it though. Then one ride I put it on, just for the hell of it and have worn it every time ever since.

Just my .02

Whats your price range and do you want half boots or full boots? I personally like the half boot because they are easier to shift with and more comfortable to me riding a atv. They give decent protection but not quite as much as a full boot. I have Fox comp S and Alpinestars tech 2 and like them both alot. When I went shopping for half boots I tried about 5 or 6 brand and they were by far the most comfortable. I did not try sidi or gaerne tho because they were more than I wanted to spend. You should go to a couple local shops and try them on to see what you like best imo.

Alpine stars for me. Little diff to get used to shifting with a boot. But u learn to shift with your thigh. Lifting your whole leg instead of just rocking ur ankle. I like the no movement, the stiffer the boot, the better the protection (unless u can fork out $ for sidis). I also keep my heel guards on, but I like to ride hard and fast, not a drag racer. More air the better... ;)

I have always worn work boots also but 2 years ago in glamis I caught a witcheye kind of crooked and by surprise, I saw it last second and did not crash but it folded my left foot under the peg with my heel still on the peg.It caught my toe when suspension bottomed. I have a plate and 8 screws in it now. I consider myself an excellent skilled rider and very familiar with sand riding. It only took a second of looking back and I did not see it in the noon sun till I was on it. Tennis shoes and even work boots are not enough in my opinion, I was wearing work boots. My ankle will never be the same.

I have not bought riding boots still, all the ones I have tried on fit like shit, and wouldn't flex with all the plastic bullshit all over them, I was hoping that someone had a great brand to buy.

I used to never wear a helmet either, I always took it though. Then one ride I put it on, just for the hell of it and have worn it every time ever since.

Just my .02

Every pair of riding boots ive had were extremely uncomfortable until I rode with them for awhile. Once they break in though they aren't bad. I always wear my riding boots now, everything else feels weird to me :confused: