Hinson Clutch.. Problem?

ok i got a brand new Hinson 8 Plate and installed it ... i broke my motor in and pulled the side cover off to fix my impeller bearing and i noticed metal shavings in the oil.

after taking a closer look i noticed the pressure plate had been hitting something so i looked in the cover and its the three nipples inside the cover... has anyone had this problem before and what do i need to do to fix it?

0000102cv7.jpg

0000103rf8.jpg

yep learned that shit out the hard way also

you can take a air sander or cut off wheel and remove like 1/8 inch off those tangs. it will give you enough clearance for the plate to move out.

dont understand why their wasnt any instructions on this. learned on my own and reading on ps.

then might spray your clutch with carb cleaner to get he shavings out and reput some oil in and try it out.

good clutch system, just wish they would say st uff about that plate hitting the cover.

Bump....

anyone else had this problem? i emailed hinson asking why there isnt any notice of this when sold... kinda shity that this happens on a 800 dollar clutch.... now that its grinded some of the nipples off i dont really know how much more i can take off before the case leaks :(

Bump....

anyone else had this problem? i emailed hinson asking why there isnt any notice of this when sold... kinda shity that this happens on a 800 dollar clutch.... now that its grinded some of the nipples off i dont really know how much more i can take off before the case leaks :(

I will be buying a hinson clutch soon, so what you all are saying is chave alittle off so it doesnt hit? Is this the case for just banshees or do other models have the same issues (YFZ, TRX, etc)?

i wish i knew i ws hoping to get more input on this but im guessing not many people have delt with this... im not sure how much metal you can take off the nipples befor you cause a leak.. i sent hinson a email about it but of course they havent sent shit back they got thier money they could careless.

i wish i knew i ws hoping to get more input on this but im guessing not many people have delt with this... im not sure how much metal you can take off the nipples befor you cause a leak.. i sent hinson a email about it but of course they havent sent shit back they got thier money they could careless.

Well thats bullsh%$, I will try and get some info on this. Thank you for the post.

Remove the outer cover (3 screws) then you can grind them down until you open up the screw holes. Clean up all the shavings and make sure the screw holes are clean. Reinstall the outer cover and use locktite on the screws. Let it dry over night and reinstall the clutch cover. It shouldn't leak if you put a bit of locktite on the screws and let it dry before putting oil in there.

I figure out that problem before I even ran my motor causing that damage. You should have noticed the limited clutch lever travel.

I just took a mill to mine and cut them down until I reached the screw holes.

Remove the outer cover (3 screws) then you can grind them down until you open up the screw holes. Clean up all the shavings and make sure the screw holes are clean. Reinstall the outer cover and use locktite on the screws. Let it dry over night and reinstall the clutch cover. It shouldn't leak if you put a bit of locktite on the screws and let it dry before putting oil in there.

i dont think id like to trust my new clutch and motor to loctite. i was thinking of maybe taking them down to the tip of the threads then adding a dab of jb weld and letting it sit... that should hold up and not be broke down with the trans oil on it right?

oh and by the way hinson still hasnt sent me jack $hit back yet and its been 4 days now... shows how much they take care of thier customers.