***FMF SST OR TOOMEY T5***

arlis

I am about to purchase the last year of the shee :) and i just got my paycheck and i wanna buy exhaust and k&n clamp ons for sure!! I have been doing a lot of research on the net on toomeys and sst and i know a lot about toomeys becuase my uncle and his friends all have them on there bikes (t5,t6) and i also heard good from the sst!!!! i only go to the dunes and off the top of my head i would probably buy the toomey's from everything i heard and seen but i want something different! and not a lot of people have the sst on a shee out in the dunes from what ive seen!!! PLEASE HELP.....AS MUCH INFO AS POSSIBLE!!! THANKS

I am about to purchase the last year of the shee :) and i just got my paycheck and i wanna buy exhaust and k&n clamp ons for sure!! I have been doing a lot of research on the net on toomeys and sst and i know a lot about toomeys becuase my uncle and his friends all have them on there bikes (t5,t6) and i also heard good from the sst!!!! i only go to the dunes and off the top of my head i would probably buy the toomey's from everything i heard and seen but i want something different! and not a lot of people have the sst on a shee out in the dunes from what ive seen!!! PLEASE HELP.....AS MUCH INFO AS POSSIBLE!!! THANKS

Get you a set of trinity stage 4s or a set of cpis.Eathier of these will pull harder and longer than the two you have listed.Out of the two you listed i would get the t5s.

If you want something different get the Grand River Racing pipes

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Grand-River...009291287QQrdZ1

but out of the two listed T- 5's all the way. FMF are good pipes but the T-5's are better IMO.

From what I have heard the GRR inframes are great and then you don't have to switch pipes later as you mod.

:beer:

As far as the dunes go, I've only seen about 3 sst running banshees in the past couple years. T5s seem pretty popular though. I've raced both and I would say the T5s are a much better pipe than the sst. The sst didn't impress me at all, I rode a banshee fitted with those and didn't see any improvement in that performance over my banshee at the time (which had old school fmf top-end pipes), in fact I smoked his ass in a race. :baseballcap_red: Of course, like everyone else said, there is better pipes than those. (CPI, maybe pro circut.) But out of the two, T5.

I have SSTs on my '02 and Toomey's on my '06. I like the fit of the Toomeys better. The size of the the silencer is convieniently smaller as well.

Both bikes are different of course and the '06 is newer. I like the power of the new bike though I don't know how much it has to do with the pipes.

I don't put a lot of trust on one single Mod or part. Your overall bike, your riding ability and experience are the real factors in a fast or quick bike.

*I'd reccomend the T5s.