anyone wear glasses when riding?

iv worn glasses for around 7 years now.... yes im a legend in club 4 eyes.

when i go to racing i wear my glasses while firing round the track. its getting a pain in the ass but if i took them off i would prolly crash and burn. im currently looking into contact lenses... taken a while i know!

i was wondering if anyone here rides with glasses on? i know that most of you while out riding on a sunny day may wear shades, but im talking about spectacles.

the reason i ask is im curious and would like to see if you take your glasses off when riding, keep them on or take them off to put in contacts? does anyone wear glasses in general?

tithead.

im 19 as of tmrw, and ive worn glasses since around the 3rd grade, and ive always worn them while riding.. i have a pair of Scott goggles that have bigger padding i guess around the eyes for people with glasses so the goggles are more elevated off your face so it doesnt squish your lasses into your face while riding...

I wear glasses and generally wear them riding. I have a very low prescription so it's not a have to issue and I sometimes wear sunglasses. Contacts is an option but I would wear goggles in dusty conditions if you do. Otherwise glasses will be better to wear, you need some kind of eye protection.

I used to wear classes and or contacts while riding untill i got eye surger and got rid of the need for both :headbang: The contacts kind of bothered me with the dust even with goggles but i never had any probloms with the glasses.

I have a set of oakley glasses that change to sunglasses when I am out in the sun and become clear when I am in the office....I love them.....would not ride with out them. I also use spy goggles anf they seem to fit great over my glasses frames. :baseball_w00t:

I am as blind as a bat............I have spy sunglasses that were made into perscription.............they fit well around my goggles...........but this will be the first year with contact lenses...........I never thought I would put anything in my eyes ......but since I got contacts THEY ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!! :headbang: ...........untill I ca afford surgery these work great!!!!

I have had glasses for over 10 yrs now. when I go riding i always wear my contacts. my sunglasses fit perfectly when i wear my helmet. I have never worn my glasses riding or to work for that matter. If I get dust in the contacts I carry a small thing of eye drops and wash my eyes out good. I have never had a problem.

there is actually goggles that you can buy with youre own perscription built into the lens, so that you dont need to wear glasses when riding.

its similar to scuba diving head gear. there is company who makes perscription built in for that too.

i have poor vision in 1 eye. my eye doc says that it causes me to see monocouarly, meaning i dont have any depth perception. maybe thats why i ride so crazy. cause i dont know how far away things are.

hi im shawn and im 4 eyes too.... lol i dont normally wear my glasses when riding but i have noticed since i got glasses i wreck more when riding so maybe i should where them.. i dont need glasses to drive so they arent real bad but when my eyeballs are used to looking 20/15 then i got to 20/30 it gives me head ache and makes dizzy.. like gettin drunk for free... but i only notice for short while my eye typically get used to not having glasses on so normally i go all weekend with out them when i go duning.. but im starting to try riding with them on more... its cheaper in the long run...

im 19 as of tmrw, and ive worn glasses since around the 3rd grade, and ive always worn them while riding.. i have a pair of Scott goggles that have bigger padding i guess around the eyes for people with glasses so the goggles are more elevated off your face so it doesnt squish your lasses into your face while riding...

I have those too, and have had no problems. I have thought about looking into the prescription goggles though. I think those would be nice.