Rear suspension set up

warwgn

• 3 weeks later...

Thats some pretty slick $hit though. Ya gotta admit it is a pretty cool idea and the design could be lightened up a little with a little less supports or gussets instead of full tubes.

I like it for dessert racing applications, or really tore up sand on a busy weekend............ :beer:

:angry::angry::angry::angry: :shoothead: :shoothead: DUMB. i think that it would be a waste of money. and if you think about it for 3400 you could get some kick ass shocks swinger and arms.

this is a pretty bad deal ***i think*** for high speed long travel applications. the geometry just isnt the best. you end up getting really high shaft speed versus vehicle speeds. no if someone came out with tailing arms or a 4 link id be way more interested. you get the articulation of IRS, with the proper angles of a swingarm.

its a preeetty complex subject, and i dont really feel like typing it all.

One other thing I see as being a problem is that when you get on it in a corner the ass end will squat on the outside corner. Which may even put the bike up on one wheel if you have any kind of power at all. I see rails do that all the time, but because they are bigger than a quad it doesn't affect them as much...........

just a thought :beer:

Looks cool but pointless in my oppion. Like Animalman294 said body roll is a big factor to consider unless your gonna use a roll bar. Honestly though who wants to add all that shit when the way it is now works just fine. Sure theres always room for improvement but in this case i think it was a lost cause. ok im gonna shut the fuck up now. have a nice day everyone... =D

ok TYLER heres my half ass attempt. its about the angles. if you hit a 45* angle at 50 MPH your vertical wheel speed is 50 mph. thats why the frontend of a quad is raked, and one big reason a 250r's geometry dominates a banshee's, they have little rake. (BTW rake is the angle o the front frame rails, in this case, to the ground.) if you hit an even steeper hill the shock shaft speeds really start to climb then. the rear of the polaris doesnt have this much rake built in, thats bad in comparison to a swingarm.

when a swingarm pivots, from say factory ride height, it moves up, but also backwards. thats just how it works. this rearward motion prolongs the point or impact. not much, but were only talking about miliseconds here. this slowing down reduces shaft speeds, and it a slight gives a rising spring rate, the linkage not included. thats good for smooth progressive travel, the kind you want.

thats all i can think of for now.