Clamp On POD Filters

What size of filters is every body running. I was looking at some UNI Filters for my Keihin PJ34mm carbs. I am not sure if i want to use UNI foam filters or K&N. I was just kind of wondering about how long, what diameter of the actuall filter element (not the part that clamps on to the carbs) and what kind of base is everybody running. Most people just use a straight base or something like a 15 deg angled base?

Some K&N part numbers would be great so i can see what all the measurments are.

Well my carbs are not stock ethire. They are Keihin Pj34 mm carbs.

I was just kind of wanting a measure ment of how long and diameter of the fitlers. Then i can do a search on KN's web page for the filter that will clamp on my my size of carbs.

I just dont want to get a filter that is to long or one that is to big around and have it rub on the frame or exhaust. Do most people use one that has the straight base, or one that has an angled base.

Thanks for the links I will do some more investigatin.

josh

Well my carbs are not stock ethire. They are Keihin Pj34 mm carbs.

I was just kind of wanting a measure ment of how long and diameter of the fitlers. Then i can do a search on KN's web page for the filter that will clamp on my my size of carbs.

I just dont want to get a filter that is to long or one that is to big around and have it rub on the frame or exhaust. Do most people use one that has the straight base, or one that has an angled base.

Thanks for the links I will do some more investigatin.

josh

I bought a set for 34pjs yesterday with outerwears from magic racing for around 80 dollars.Cascade has them also for 82 dollars i believe and if you get the part# you can order them at advanced auto atleast the store wher i live.But you if need the outerwears anyway you might as well buy the kit.

If you want filters for PJ and PWK's check Eddie Sanders Racing, they should list the dimensions and angles on their site or give them a call and they'll set you up. They carry everything you are looking for and the clamp on kits are $40 or less, but you have to buy the outerwears separately (which they carry). I forgot to mention them in my first post since I was thinking stock carbs for some reason.

Jared

• 2 months later...