thumb throttle ?

hill43

I have had trouble as with everyone else i am sure. after putting 34mm carbs on the bike the throttle is very hard to push. This was a common mod on the yfz450 people was putting 400ex thumb throttle on there will this work on a banshee? does it make it easier? what have some of you done to make a inprovement?

Thanks for any help.

You're better off sanding the edges around the spring, rather than cut it...

It's more the thickness of the coil in the spring, than the length of it overall.

I put a 400EX throttle on mine, no difference...granted, the one I got was beat up and worn out (the plastic bushings)

I just bought and SRP thumb throttle from Magic. Longer lever, looks sick...and you can adjust the throttle stops!

I've seen quite a few of these problems solved with some good maintenance on the cable. Had a single 34, dual 35s, and now dual 40s. Fuct with old cables and had the same problems. Maintained and/or upgraded to a new cable and problems went away.

I have new cable with new carbs and in the past i have got that lever that James Lucky sells and it worked good i just was not sure if a Honda or may be a Terry cable had better workings inside and made it better. thanks guys