Banshee SuperStock Porting Templates

racelogic

Hi Everyone

Wanted to let everyone here know, We have a SuperStock Template kit for the Banshee. Many customers have been asking for a kit designed for dunes/drags and advanced trail. Both exhaust and intake on the Superstock Stage III kit have been designed to do that.

We would like to send someone here a new kit (free of charge) if they would be willing to do a write-up here about the work and results. Not sure the best way select someone? If anyone has suggestions, post to this thread and maybe the moderator could pick.

Thanks

John

RaceLogic

www.racelogic.com

Man, if I hadn't just rebuilt a few months ago, I would have jumped on your offer. But I would like to see the person that does it (maybe a drawing), be able to take it to a dyno (before and after) to show us what we can expect, rather than simply saying "man its fast as shit now".

I think Lee (moderator, boss man, head honcho) said he was planning on more contests, contact him, maybe he can make this into one.

Edited by dawarriorman

I'm running the Stage III templates, did a few small things to the jugs besides that (ported the transfers as mentioned in the RL instruction manual) as well as changed the shape of the exhaust port slightly, I don't have the right pipes for the port yet (Fatties) but let me tell you what, this SOB rips! I can't wait to get some CPI's for it and bigger carbs.

Oh, I have probably 20 or more pics of the process as well, before, after, during, etc....in case somebody would like to see them.

Edited by Stinger

I am very intersted in porting my Shee......i have been doing some research and trying to get the best setup for my riding. This sounds like something i would love to do. Document the entire process and write a review with the dyno tests and everything........please put my name on your list i would do it in a heart beat.

hey man,

pete here! i don't know if u read my post in the "general" section but long story short, i gave my cyclinders to a WELL known local builder. he was supposed to bore, deck , and port and polish my cyclinders. he told me 2 weeks. it took me 2 months and 1 week to get my stuff back and the only thing that was done was the bore. so i'm left where i started in the first placed and took it apart to port it in the 1st place! i wanted to do it myself but between work and school i didn't have the time. now that schools out i do have the time. i'm well capable but it was really just a matter of time. well that's my case. i'd really like to try ur templates out and write up a full review. my mods are in my sig incase u were curious. i do alot of hillclimbs and love lineing up with people to drag for fun, sometimes for serious. thanks for the oppurtunity man! i got some cases that neeed some cleanin b4 i start to reassemble. so let me know! my cyclinders are on my work bench ready to go as we speak!

Edited by sandman121383

Ill try your kit.I have a set of completely stock cylinders sitting here now.Ive been doing alot of research on porting lately and and can do anything else so I might as well learn this.I already have all the proper tools air die grinders angle and pencil types and I have diomand and carbide bits.I have all this because I sculpt granite for a living and have been doing it for about 15 years.Maybe some of these skills can be carried over to portinng maybe not.Ill post pics of all the tools and bits ill be using step by step through the process from begining to end.

Don't know what happened here, but the templates are on eBay right now for $59.95+$10 shipping. Still $20 less than retail on RL's site. So, gonna try them out, but I've heard not to go as wide as the template makes. Template outline is near 80% of bore from what I've heard. Also, looking at the Foredom right angle attachment for the flex shaft motor, anybody, PROS - CONS? Heard the dremel right angle won't fit, plus I'd rather have the right tools. (Let the send your cylinders out comments begin).

Don't know what happened here, but the templates are on eBay right now for $59.95+$10 shipping. Still $20 less than retail on RL's site. So, gonna try them out, but I've heard not to go as wide as the template makes. Template outline is near 80% of bore from what I've heard. Also, looking at the Foredom right angle attachment for the flex shaft motor, anybody, PROS - CONS? Heard the dremel right angle won't fit, plus I'd rather have the right tools. (Let the send your cylinders out comments begin).

The no.1 MC right angle tool is about $335, (which is what I use) and works fine. They have a bigger (1/4" shank 90* tool) for $499 which I don't have, and maybe it might be harder to get into smaller bores, but not sure on that. Good tools, but you have to pay for them. Good control. If you do your transfers yourself, you want to make sure they are angled the same on opposite sides. Take your time and don't get in a hurry and over-do it. Get a set of heavy duty clutch springs if you didn't already.

Edited by snowprophet1

• 7 years later...