Anyone have any cruise ship experience

The wife and I are looking to take a cruise, and I think we have decided on the inland passage of Alaska. Does anyone have tips or experiences about cruises, thing to avoid, things to try. Any input would be much appreciated. From what I can tell, t looks like the most desirable time to go is June.

Thanks for any input,

Dan

The wife and I are looking to take a cruise, and I think we have decided on the inland passage of Alaska. Does anyone have tips or experiences about cruises, thing to avoid, things to try. Any input would be much appreciated. From what I can tell, t looks like the most desirable time to go is June.

Thanks for any input,

Dan

Spend as much as you can on the cabin and "package"

You will be whole lot happier once you get there.

If you have never been aboard a big ship or get motion sickness carry a small plastic bag (3 gallon trash bags are perfect)

And always keep munching on saltines or ritz type crackers but don't fill yourself up.

You could also get a motion sickness patch Prescription from your doctor before you go too.

Maybe we can do a BansheeHQ cruise. Wonder what the discount rate is when 10,000 people sign up for it.

Do some partying, some gambling. The whole deal :beer:

I'm up for a jamaica cruise.

BOOZE CRUISE !!!!!

i been on the nordic emperess from noregian cruise lines , and the service was incredible . You feel like your a millionair on the ship , everyone treats you like your some big shot .

just my .02 noregian * was great for me ... we went to bahamas and then over to st martin island 7 day.

edit : make sure u stay far away from near the engine rooms ... i never felt motion sickness on the cruise and i do get it from time to time , when me and my dad dip to the bahamas on our 33foot intrepid i get off the boat sick as shit from bouncin around for 4 hours

The one we are looking at everything is included in the price except alcohol, and 2 of the restaurants, and then they only cost an extra $15.00 per dinner. I guess that you just put a credit card on file, and they give you a card to pay for extras

Me and my dad did the Alaska Inland passage cruise cause his judges convention was on the ship,and it was great all the food was included in the price even room service,but drinks wernt you can buy a coke card where all cokes are free,i never did any shows,and couldnt gamble but other than that it was cool you have your own balcony,and the ice burgs are really cool,tips-at one of the port-of-calls if they offer the jet boat whale watching trips DO IT when we did it the whales were acting like the were on crack splashing at us and stuff,the eagle preserve jet boat trip i s cool too,most of the trips are really cool,if u tell me where yall are stopping i can tell u some cool things to do,and dont tip all at the end to ur cabin steward do it through out the trip in smaller amounts,i can answer most questions u have,we went with the holland america ms. veendam.happy sailing

I have been on three cruises and all three of them have been on Celebrity Cruise lines. The first one was to the Bahama's on the Century, second to the Mexican Riviera, and the last one in November was to the Panama Canal. You learn the tricks to get around the alcohol thing, but Celebrity is an awsome cruise line, more for your money, and everything is paid for. Except the alcohol on the ship, and the Pepsi and stuff.

But we usually try to get as many ports as possible like for a 12-16 dayer. I lived in Ketchikan Alaska which will be one of your stops, and right now have no desire to go see Juneau, Skagway, been there done that.

You should have a good time though................. :beer: