Pikes Peak Hillclimb

On July 1st they are having the Pikes Peak Hillclimb. Some buddies and I are going to check it out and Iam curious if anyone on here has ever been to it. Wanting to know where a good place to watch from would be and what time we should try to get there. Thanks

For those who dont know what it is:

http://www.ppihc.com/

RIPPEN

the guy i bought and who rebult my bike is on a bike team and they set the hill record 2 years ago. but i have watchg it on tv and looks sweet,.

i was there about four years ago ,its bad ass ! if u can ,get there at sun up or earlyer. take a lot of beer (keg) and watch anything on wheels fly by u all day long ! one thing to remember is,you cant leave till all the racers have paraded down the hill at the end of the day ,so take what u need to survive all day ! have fun ! :beer:

cool, so do you have to hike up to where you watch or can you drive part way up?? Sounds like you can drive up a ways according to the website. I have never even been down there to drive up that road so Iam kinda flying blind here. Thanks for the info and Iam deff looking forward to checking it out. Ill have plenty of pics and vid(hope I can figure out how to get the vid on computer) soon after :beer:

RIPPEN

Jamie, yes you can drive up, but you have to park well off the road and you are stuck there until the end of the day when everyone goes back down. You can't deicde you want to leave and just drive down. Get up above tree-line if you really want a good show. Up close to the top, then you can look down and see them comming (kinda) and the road gets really tight towards the top. Find a tight corner and park yourself just above it. I can help you with video if you need. I've been to quite a few of them and its a lot of fun.

- Jared

We used to go all the time(80's). My buddy's uncle was head of security for the race. We'd go up to Devils Playground. But beware, its about 11,000-12,000ft. You get pretty light headed real quick if your packing coolers around. From there you can see a bunch of the lower course. Theres also a couple of pretty low speed corners right there. If you go once, you'll be hooked. Its a Blast