What things go wrong as you do not clean the carbs?

night

lean mixtures occur when carbs get gummed up from old fuel. the old fuel or "varnish" clogs up the jets and decreases thier size or internal diameter.this can lead to a piston seizure. dirt can also lodge in a main jet and lean out your mixture. depending on the size of the restriction it may/or will cause a piston seizure also.dirty carb bowels can be the cause of this. implementing a proper preventive maintenance program will help you avoid any of the above complications. consult your manual! if you don't have a manual get one! clean your carbs if they are dirty!!! if they aren't, do it anyway.be diligent in your maintenance!if you could please post detailed explainations, diagrams and or pictures of your maintenance proceedures we could then help you out by critiqueing your work.please forward these. have fun. play safe! :biggrin: (who hoo! almost over the 100 post mark!)

All that happens if you're lucky...:)

If your unlucky...the slides stick and hold on for a wide open ride...:)

Ditto what he said above...I'd say if you let it sit for more than a few months...take 'em off and clean 'em out. The addition of two stroke oil only quickens the gumming up process...IMO.

:beer:

I cleaned my carbs once. Only because i Was tearing the bike apart. The "cleaning" consisted of soaking in gasoline. That was it. I don't plan on cleaning my carbs unless I have them off for some reason. If I do, it will be another gas bath, that's it.

I take my carbs off after ever 2weekends of riding, I take carb cleaner and spray out the jets and all the dirt around them, then I clean out my air box and air filter. I put everything back together and put the carbs back on the bike and shee is ready for next weekedn of riding.

Your carbs are one of your main sources to your bike so be sure to take care of them and clean them when you feel and notice that they are dirty.

Things That Go wrong when not clean (lost in power, WOT, lowend-Bogging, and im sure many other things).