jetting for fmf fattys

Are you leaving your airbox the way it is, stock filter with the lid on?

If so...you'll be around 250 or so on the mains. Middle clip on the needles.

FMF pipes like a fat pilot circuit. With the airbox and lid on...you could probably be ok with stock pilots, but you might have to bump up one size (to 27.5 ) with the pilots.

If you end up running the air screw .25 to .5 turns out for it to run right off the idle, get bigger pilots.

Same pipes as you running 280 main stock pilot, k&n lid off, proflo and outerwears, toomey needles 4th clip. Hope I can help :cheers:

i think i may try a 280 do you think that will be to fat i'm around 700-900 feet and the air temp is around 60-90 f

You will definately be safe...that's for sure. I think you'll find cleaner running a little leaner though...

Always better to start off Rich....best of luck!!

:headbang:

I think you should spend 20 bucks in jets, get 250 to 270.

Start with 260.

Spend another 10 in plugs.

Look at your plugs...they will tell you.

30 bucks in plugs/jets is alot cheaper than a fresh top end.

No one can tell you with 100% certainty you'll be 100% safe.

We're just basing it on our own experiences...and trying to give you a guideline.

<Insert legal disclaimer here...:) >

well the guy i got the pipes off of lives near me and i asked him what size jets he was running and he said when he put them on he never rejetted and i was like your lucky your bike didn't pop :flush: and he told me you need a pro to jet carbs hahahahah :jesterlaugh:

batoutofshell is selling plugs cheap in the for sale section.

Personaly with K&N filter and lid removed from airbox, all stock, I ran a 320 yet for several years and never fowled a plug I think a 310 would have been spot on. But I'm jetted for glamis and it is alot hotter here and don't know your elevation.

FMF has a jetting chart on their website. Hate to see you blow up your banshee with too small of jets.

I also lowered the clip on the needle (raised the needle) one notch from stock (I htink I moved it from 3rd to 4th clip but I don't remember)

Edited by Justintoxicated

Im running trinitys pipes with stock box and filter with the snorkel removed at abot the same elavation and temp wiyh a 280 and its perfect.27.5 pilot

4th slot on needle 1.5 out on air screw you could start from there and work ur way down

when i bought my banshee it had fmf fatties and k&N filter with snorkle off. i was thinking of replaceing the lid with a outer wear lid. i dont know if he rejeted it but it seem to run good ive riding it for couple years now and raced it.if i put on the outer wear lid shold i rejet or should it be fine. does some one know what the stocks size jets are in . sorry to butt in but i think this is on the right topic