Best carb for my setup?

hey i have a banshee with

t-5's

vfroce reeds

cool head 20cc domes

redline racing mild port job

(trinity 2 in 1 carb right now 33mm ) i want either a 35 single or duals which would be best ? and would it be that much of a help im not on my top end as much as low/mid

also would +4 timin help but would i have to mix race gas ( i wanna just run 93 pump

also id anyone is sellin a IMS 5.6 gallon gas tank lmk thx

IMO the 35mm single wont do much over your current 33mm single.

a dual carb setup will win some top end.

i would say 2x 28mm or 30mm max for your current setup.

+4 timing would be doable IF your compression is not verry high.

----

not sure on this::

I think advancing your timing will make you lose top end

advancing the timing will make the engine more responsive.

----

so to wrap it up.. if you rather have a low/mid banshee

stay with a single carb setup.

keep the 33mm.

advance the timing 4 degrees.

you already have 20mm domes. so compression should be a bit higher then it normally is.

For sure do a +4 timing plate mod. From what i have read and heard that you are better off to run dual carbs over one carb. I have no exp with a single carb just what i have read and heard. Contact Jeff with FAST Racing and he can get going in the right direction.

hey i have a banshee with

t-5's

vfroce reeds

cool head 20cc domes

redline racing mild port job

(trinity 2 in 1 carb right now 33mm ) i want either a 35 single or duals which would be best ? and would it be that much of a help im not on my top end as much as low/mid

also would +4 timin help but would i have to mix race gas ( i wanna just run 93 pump

also id anyone is sellin a IMS 5.6  gallon gas tank lmk thx

519855[/snapback]

I would use twin 34 pj's for your set-up

I agree with the 28's. I have been using them for years and they are awesome for low to mid range. You will pay a bit more for Keihn than Mikunis, and I preferably use Mikuni's since the last pair I bought last year costed my $180.00 new.

Chris

I would see what your compression is right now before you think about a timing plate, since you want to run pump gas.

I'd say if it's 155PSI or less, you could probably get away with +4 on the timing.

However...that's a risk you're going to have to take, and no one can be 100% positive until it's tried. If your bike is jetted properly for your temps and elevation, you should be ok.

Again, check your comp before you do timing. Also...what about a lightened flywheel.

It's a cheap mod that let's your motor get on the pipe much faster...

Flywheel with +4 and your head should make some pretty good power...

dude i ran sigle and i hated it besdies the tuning factor , and the ease of all that shit ..........

i dont understand this

two stock 26mm x 2 ( = 52 mm ) ????????

how is a single 35 / 33 going to be better . its like your trying to get a soda cold really fast in the freezer and your forget..... IT EXPLOADS and makes a big mess ....... stay away from that crap trinity sells , most of all there products are garbage i.m.o and i have ran and used many of there parts before.... Dont give me that carb synch question , its not that hard to sync a damn carb ....

run stockers :clap:

A two into one setup will produce more low end than a pair of stockers.

He is after low end, not top end...

Cascade sells a 38mm kit 1 into 2....but, I think you're just looking for the carb itself...

Start looking in the for sale section, as well as fleabay...

Since Redline did your porting, perhaps you should see what they recommend.

I have an IMS 5.5 gallon tank I may be selling. It's ugly, It's HUGE...but, it serves the purpose.

I intended on trail riding my bike a little, and I run Race Gas...not easy to find on the trails we ride. I've decided to keep my bike as a dune/drag quad....so, the extra fuel isn't neccessary.....

PM me if you'd like pics and details. I bought it off a fellow HQ'er...trinityshee, I think...

Never put it on. It's painted blue. Again, it is FUGLY...but, you'd have an ocean tanker worth of fuel on your shee....

Cascade sells a 38mm kit 1 into 2....but, I think you're just looking for the carb itself...

Funny you said the 38mm , i tried that too on my two into 1 setup from the 35 , and WOOOOOOOOOOOOW what a differnce....... this is what basically turnd me away from two into 1. I LIKE SPEED 2. never seen a use to bottom end when u got 60hp..... just make the tires spin and wait for it too hook up

I've been well aware of the 35 setup...But, I went to Cascade...cause, let's face it...they have a ton of cool shit to drool over, tonz of bling.

They specify the 38 for a cub setup, which I now have. However...for what I plan on using my bike for, duning and dragging...two carbs are better than one. I was leaning towards 1 for ease of tuning, and let's face it...a easier pull.

However...once you get carbs dialed in and synced....they don't really need to change...

:)

i dont understand this     

two stock 26mm x 2 ( = 52 mm ) ????????

how is a single  35 / 33 going to be better .

Not just diameter. Look at a cross section area that is the square of the radius.

(2) 26mm carb = 2 * 13^2 * Pi = 1062mm^2

Now for single:

36mm carb = 18^2 * Pi = 1017mm^2

If the comparison was actually 52mm, you would get 26^2 * Pi = 2123mm^2

There is actually more to it than that due to the change in flow from friction against the carb body and other factors, but the point is that looking at double the diameter is way off for comparison.

Brian

Well...I knew you couldn't compare it like that...

However, now that Good Will Hunting has enlightened us.... ( :P )..

Just kiddin man, that's good stuff. Hell if I know if it's correct or not, but...since it looks pretty fancy, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt.

HQ has a new rocket scientist... :cheers:

Seriously...that is good info, even if I scratch me head for a while trying to figure it out...

:jesterlaugh: