Da Vinci Code

warwgn

The following quote from Stephen F. Roberts sums up the situation very nicely:

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HD, the only thing I will "defend" myself on is where you said there are parts of the Bible I ignore....I think I have answered all of your questions in regard to Bible passages........if not let me know and I will explain......I dont have all the answeres and I know that. Later

RJV

ok, then lets sTART with these,, i have about 10001 more, we will go through them one by if need be

You must kill those who worship another god. Exodus 22:20

Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own. Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you find people that worship differently than you. Deuteronomy 13:12-16

Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own. Deuteronomy 17:2-7

Kill anyone who refuses to listen to a priest. Deuteronomy 17:12-13

Kill any false prophets. Deuteronomy 18:20

Any city that doesn

Edited by helldriver

A lot of these have been covered in previous posts by me way back in this thread. I will probabally cut and paste those if you don't want to dig for them. You do have a couple new ones though and that is cool, the new testament quotes. I am heading to the coast today with the girl and the wife so I will get back to this in a day or so. Any of you other guys that want to hit on these go right ahead.

Have a good weekend-

RJV

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

There ya go :beer: . Beautiful common sense. I love it. :thumbsup:

There ya go :beer: . Beautiful common sense. I love it. :thumbsup:

how is that common sense? it doesnt even make sense.

a?the?ist? /?e??i?st/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ey-thee-ist] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

it makes clear sense,,

youre just too stupid to see it

while another religion dont belive in the christian god,, the christains dont belive in their god

and when they finally realize why they dont belive in their god, they wills e why i dont belive in yours

they think "other" relgions are silly and do not speak the truth, while i think yours is silly

simple

Edited by helldriver

it makes clear sense,,

youre just too stupid to see it

while another religion dont belive in the christian god,, the christains dont belive in their god

and when they finally realize why they dont belive in their god, they wills e why i dont belive in yours

they think "other" relgions are silly and do not speak the truth, while i think yours is silly

simple

pay attention, einstein. i said you cant be an atheist if you believe in a god.

just like you have no banshee knowledge, and make any banshee related posts,

you dont have a banshee, yet you hang out here???? :down:

youre a POSER

that would be the perfect example of someone running out of bullets and throwing the gun.

pay attention, einstein. i said you cant be an atheist if you believe in a god.

clearly you dont know shit

From the Oxford English Dictionary 2nd Ed. 1989

Atheist:

1. One who denies or disbelieves the existence of a God.

2. One who practically denies the existence of a God by disregard of moral obligation to Him; a godless man.

Atheism:

Disbelief in, or denial of, the existence of a God. Also, Disregard of duty to God, godlessness (practical atheism).

its a denial of A god,, not all or any gods

Edited by helldriver

clearly you dont know shit

From the Oxford English Dictionary 2nd Ed. 1989

Atheist:

1. One who denies or disbelieves the existence of a God.

2. One who practically denies the existence of a God by disregard of moral obligation to Him; a godless man.

Atheism:

Disbelief in, or denial of, the existence of a God. Also, Disregard of duty to God, godlessness (practical atheism).

its a denial of A god,, not all or any gods

hahaha how long did it take you to dig that up? some supposed definition from 1989?? nice try.

here is the definition of an atheist according to atheists.org

ATHEISM

Atheism is a doctrine that states that nothing exists but natural phenomena (matter), that thought is a property or function of matter, and that death irreversibly and totally terminates individual organic units. This definition means that there are no forces, phenomena, or entities which exist outside of or apart from physical nature, or which transcend nature, or are

OOOOkay then... how be we just forget the atheist part of the quote and make the new quote "I believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

jeez :confused:

ps. Where is the Bush thread that was in the roostin' room. I can't find it.