Question about the Oil

Ive used it before go a clearance deal on the quarts for $1 each ran fine just smelled like I was going fishing :flush: .Ran it 32-1 instead of my normal 40-1 or 50-1 Golden Spectra.

Brad...

I should know this since I sold mobil for years (not as an employee...but as a retail repair shop)...

But, does the 10W30 or 5W30 have "moly"....

516629[/snapback]

Yes, most all oils that are 10w30 and lighter will have the moly additives. The Mobil 1 4T 10w40 and the racing 15w-50 does not.

I took your suggestion and got Bel-Ray GearSaver 80. Looks like Tranny fluid. After I use up my gallon of Pennzoil I will prolly change to something better. My thing with that is I want to be able to buy it 1 gallon at a time. I just might be forced into getting 4 quarts at a time.

The bottom end oil i was told by the guy that rebuilt my motor to use yamalube and if i didnt want to pay for it to use valvoline max life 10-30 he said that is the next best thing he could find. He specifically said do not put synthetic in it. I learned this after seizing my ball and rod in my crank. That was a expensive fix. As far as top end goes. I love my yamaha but i have to say in premix oil honda has the better shit. That is what i use. It seems to burn cleaner and i foul a hell of alot less plugs with it.