How do I Fix....

lradatz

Well I let my buddy ride my shee and he had a little spill. He was not goiong fast but tipped it over and it landed on the handlebars. Everything seemed fine until I got home and noticed my plastics around thew tank were not lined up right. After closer inspection I found that the part of the frame that looks like an upside down U that supports the steerring stem and radiator has bent back and touches gas tank. Any easy fix??? Thanks for the help

are you talking about the cable stay? it looks like a 3/8 wire that your top screws go into if so bend it back by hand or use a small long pipe

Your talking about this part right?

B63.jpg

Mine bent the other way because the last owner jumped it a lot. So i bent it back with a big bar and welded it. I would say heat it up with a torch, but not to much and it should bend back nicely :cheers:

If its not bent too bad you can do it the redneck way!! Get a come along and chain the rear of your bike to one tree and then hook the come along to the part of the frame that is bent and then to another tree. SLOWLY pull it back into shape. Make sure you have your gas tank and plastic handy so you can test fit everything until its right. That is what a friend of mine did and it worked perfect. Good luck

If its not bent too bad you can do it the redneck way!!  Get a come along and chain the rear of your bike to one tree and then hook the come along to the part of the frame that is bent and then to another tree.  SLOWLY pull it back into shape.  Make sure you have your gas tank and plastic handy so you can test fit everything until its right. That is what a friend of mine did and it worked perfect.  Good luck

510412[/snapback]

We actually stuck one in between to trucks hooked to chains :jesterlaugh: Thats the true red neck way....lol

Not to Threadjack but mine is bent as well.

My subframe is destroyed (cracked the tubing bad and bent it)

One of the bolts that holds the bumper now threads in at a 45 deg angle (whatever it threads into is tweeked inside the frame)

My steering stem support is is bent off by about an inch.

I want to Either fix, get a detachable subframe and PC the frame $$

Or buy a brand new frame for $500.

What is the better option? Can these things be bent back perfect enough and gusseted or would I be better off buying a new frame rather than invest more $$ into the one I have (registration will be a PITA though)

• Like 1

I wouldnt buy a "new" one. I would see if anyone on HQ has one posted for sale or check ebay for a used one. There was one listed on ebay a couple of days ago that was brand new - dont know if its still on there or not. Good luck!

Yea I have been looking but everyone on this site wants to much..about $50 less than a brand spakin new one in that nice cherry red color I want. Problem is most frames for sale don't have a title, and if I got a used frame it would make life sooo much easier getting it registered.

If I buy new I will have to jump through some loops but probably not too many...

My Patience is running out and I doubt I will find a frame that is a 2000 or newer in good condition with title for much less than $500 shipped.

I mean I have been looking but everyone wants almost as much as I can snag a new frame for..

Edited by Justintoxicated

I dont know where you have priced a new frame, but the ones I've priced are more in the $700.00 area.

512553[/snapback]

I get a little discount on them. I think I'm just going to get a new one thanks for everyones help.

And for the origional poster good luck bending yours back straight. If it does not work I would say your buddy owes you a new frame and a keg of beer. :cheers:

Edited by Justintoxicated

• 3 weeks later...
Well I let my buddy ride my shee and he had a little spill.  He was not goiong fast but tipped it over and it landed on the handlebars.  Everything seemed fine until I got home and noticed my plastics around thew tank were not lined up right.  After closer inspection I found that the part of the frame that looks like an upside down U that supports the steerring stem and radiator has bent back and touches gas tank.  Any easy fix???  Thanks for the help

510313[/snapback]

some asswhole got on mine and bent it the exact same way, i just got sick of it and bought a used frame off ebay.