GRR inframe pipes

Geoff

I was wondering if anyone has used these or knows anythign about them. Soon I might be shopping for some new pipes and saw that they say these are good for stock or modded motors but obviously they are going to say that.....there job is to sell.

I have read on here that there out of frame drag pipes are pretty good, but I think there inframes are new.

I just dune ride and do holeshots in the trees and drag now and then with your occassional trail riding(got to just to get out to the dunes anyways). If the GRR's are more towards dragging I was looking towards CPI's since I know people with those and they all talk good about them.

Thanks Geoff

what kind of porting has been done to your cylinders? other mods?

if your cylinders aren't ported, I'd recommend just getting some T5's. If you're set on getting an inframe drag pipe, I'd go with the CPI's over the others just based on what you are saying.

Just bought the bike last week and the guy said it has a "race port" but I haven't seen the cylinders apart to say for sure.

I just wasn't sure if the GRR's are still directed towards dragging or if the inframes were supposed to be a better all around pipe.

I don't want anything with a really high powerband or it will probably suck in the trees.

The bike currently has FMF fatty's so there is definately room for improvement.

thanks so far.

Ellison445, thats what made me start this topic. There online store says they work good on stock or modded motors. This summer I'm just going to leave the motor alone until fall/winter. I'll change pipes and stuff like that but nothing internal.

I don't mind spending a little money on pipes as long as I get good ones the first time around(cpi, grr, etc..) I don't like buying stuff more than once.

Maybe someone on here will get some before I buy some and let me know. Will see.

Later Geoff

i own out there out frames , and truthfully today was the first time i could get the bike into the higher gears and let me tell u these pipes ROCK on top end ..... i saw some inframes sell on ebay GRR for 550 chrome but i picked mine up for half that ......... anyways If you do go with GRR you wont be dissapointed ethier how CPI is as good.

DSC00638.JPG

i own out there out frames , and truthfully today was the first time i could get the bike into the higher  gears and let me tell u these pipes ROCK on top end ..... i saw some inframes sell on ebay GRR for 550 chrome but i picked mine up for half that .........      anyways  If you do go with GRR you wont be dissapointed ethier how CPI is as good.

508240[/snapback]

That's 550 bare, not chrome. You were mistaken.

GRR makes some badass pipes though, I've got the out of frames too and couldn't be happier with their performance and sound :cheers:

That's 550 bare, not chrome. You were mistaken.

GRR makes some badass pipes though, I've got the out of frames too and couldn't be happier with their performance and sound :cheers:

508249[/snapback]

wow 550 bare i shoulda read the auction........ yikes 320 shipped i paid for mine and they do not have a scratch dent ding chip on them ... anyhow GREAT PIPES and i full agree .... SOUNDS AWESOME AT HIGH RPM :cheers:

wow 550 bare i shoulda read the auction........ yikes 320 shipped i paid for mine and they do not have a scratch dent ding chip on them ... anyhow      GREAT PIPES and i full agree .... SOUNDS AWESOME AT HIGH RPM  :cheers:

508251[/snapback]

I'm sure yours were used which is why you got them for that good price. Mine were used too, same condition as yours. But yeah, they're awesome pipes, the welds are beautiful, and the fitment was perfect. I couldn't be happier with the quality of my pipes, which I'm sure will be the same for the inframes he is now selling. :cheers:

I'm sure yours were used which is why you got them for that good price. Mine were used too, same condition as yours. But yeah, they're awesome pipes, the welds are beautiful, and the fitment was perfect. I couldn't be happier with the quality of my pipes, which I'm sure will be the same for the inframes he is now selling. :cheers:

508289[/snapback]

yep i have the same respect for grr's as you..... great pipes cheers :cheers: