After Market Reeds worth it?

mattb348

I have a 2002 Banshee with PC pipes/silencers, K&N clamp on air filters, and a noss machine head with 18CC domes.

I was just wondering how much of a boost aftermarket reeds (V force most likely) would give it? Would it even be worth the $300 or whatever? Would I ever notice much of a difference? and if so, where would I notice a difference?

Thanks guys!

You would see a little more top end,but are they worth it -no.But unfortunetly most aftermarkets parts are over priced.Get this most places want over a grand for a 10 mill stroker crank,when I just bought my son a Yamaha TTr-50 dirt bike brand new for $999.00.Whos making the cash.

1 crank - vrs- a complete new motorcycle man that just kills me,and then somebody will come along and try to make logic for this.

You will notice a nice top end gain. But to me they aren't really worth the money unless you have porting. Typical gains I've seen with a ported banshee on the dyno with the cool head, clamp ons, and pipes are 6hp.

For they money I wouldnt do them unless you plan to do more to the banshee as time progresses. Rocky mountain sells them for $225 instead of $300.

You will notice a nice top end gain.  But to me they aren't really worth the money unless you have porting.  Typical gains I've seen with a ported banshee on the dyno with the cool head, clamp ons, and pipes are 6hp.

For they money I wouldnt do them unless you plan to do more to the banshee as time progresses.  Rocky mountain sells them for $225 instead of $300.

507054[/snapback]

Really, 6 hp? That's sweet! I'm still running stock reeds with all my mods (see sig.) and getting close to 64hp on a somewhat worn motor. I just freshened up the top-end and I REALLY want to hit the 70hp mark with the stock bore/stroke, you think V-force reeds could get me there???

Really, 6 hp?  That's sweet!  I'm still running stock reeds with all my mods (see sig.) and getting close to 64hp on a somewhat worn motor.  I just freshened up the top-end and I REALLY want to hit the 70hp mark with the stock bore/stroke, you think V-force reeds could get me there???

507329[/snapback]

Howbout you have your reeds ported for 30 bucks by the man on my signature, then hit the dyno.