cpi jetting recomendations?

hey thanks for lookin at my thread. just needed some help w/ my jetting before i go riding tommorrow. i have a 96 banshee ported w/ stock carbs and just put cpi's on my bike. i used to run a 290 main w/ my fatty's and now jumped to a 330 and lowered my needle clip one position for the cpi's but.......when i took it out for the first time and nailed it, the midrange bogged. the low end and top end were fine. so i went to a 320 main and it got slightly better. so i took the needle back to stock( 3rd clip position) and it still bogs. it is the best it has ever been but it still does it. do you think i should go another notch on the needle to lean it out or go smaller on the main to a 310. the reason why i have a hard time w/ this is because on cpi's website, they recommend 320's and lower your clip one position.........ON A STOCK BIKE. why am i not running at least that on a ported bike?????????? please put your 2 cents in......thanks brothers......

at sea level and it is about 75-80 degrees out. have yet to check the plug at wot cause i have no where around my n'hood to let it all hang out for 5 seconds or so. just little short bursts in 2nd and 3rd gear for a second or two, don't want to bring the cops. i live in a nice quiet n'hood. will check it out soon though. just thought someone would give me another example of their shee w/ cpi's. thanks!!!

cool..i'll do it. i think the reason why my midrange has a slight bog is because i'm running the v-force 3's w/ out the insert, i have ported cyl's and i'm running cpi's. w/ all that said, that equates to a slower midrange air velocity as opposed to a combo like rad valves, fatty's and stock cyl's. the midrange power doesn't hit until about a 1000-1500 more rpm's than it did when i had the fatty's. i have absolutely no bottom end snap like i used to. i really have to get into the revs now. kind of annoying in a way.

cool..i'll do it. i think the reason why my midrange has a slight bog is because i'm running the v-force 3's w/ out the insert, i have ported cyl's and i'm running cpi's. w/ all that said, that equates to a slower midrange air velocity as opposed to a combo like rad valves, fatty's and stock cyl's. the midrange power doesn't hit until about a 1000-1500 more rpm's than it did when i had the fatty's. i have absolutely no bottom end snap like i used to. i really have to get into the revs now. kind of annoying in a way.

503776[/snapback]

You know why people buy CPI's right? I hope you weren't thinking you were buying a low-mid pipe it is a mid-high pipe.

when I went from T5's to my CPI's I knew before hand to kiss my lowend bye bye. For me that is good because I only use it to drag race up the700 ft hills!

Check the thread that sedrish made about jetting look at the chart.

I agree with the needle and or taper of the needle .