Handlebars

Hollister_Hitman

I ride the longhorn 1 1/8 bars from RMATV and love them, and they're only $30, they have the adaptor for like $20 if you use a stock stem. They're cheep but not crap and will not break while riding but will give some on a roll. I tested this and know first hand :D

• 10 months later...

the steering stem is actually held in place by a plastic bushing. i believe that in the event of a crash the plastic bushing is designed to break absorbing the impact of the handlebars hitting the ground. with that said, its obviously not awalys effective at preventing further damage as ive seen banshees with all different kinds of bars including oem with bent stems.

i personally run the stock handlebars with a plus 2 inch steering stem. this provides a nice stable platform for standing up while riding hard, plus when sitting and cruising, it is more relaxed (think mini ape hangers). this reduces my fatigue greatly.

handlebar taper and hight is a matter of personal preference. handlebar thickness is as well. ive seen guys who ride really hard and beat on their bikes bend some of the thin aluminum bars with nothing more then their muscles. so its sort of a matter of who you are and how you ride. obviously lightweight bars are better in all conditions as far as handling goes, but if they are too thin and bend or break then they are useless for youre riding style and any other bar becomes instantly better (even stock)

most people would choose a happy medium, not thin super ultralight bars, but not heavy steel bars like oem. a medium would be thin steel bars or thick aluminum bars.

I would think the FASST FLEX bars would give and help reduce some the sudden impact that could bend the stem ontop of reducing arm pump and whatnot. If I ever decide to get some new bars those are on the top of my list, unless after the Scotts stabalizer I don't feel they're nessicary.

I would think the FASST FLEX bars would give and help reduce some the sudden impact that could bend the stem ontop of reducing arm pump and whatnot. If I ever decide to get some new bars those are on the top of my list, unless after the Scotts stabalizer I don't feel they're nessicary.

was just thinking that also. but they will only 'give' so much in a roll over/crash. then you might just be out $325 :sick:

i want to get some aftermarket bars but i dont have a way to test out which bend i would like, if i would like the 9/8" bars or what, so i have stuck with stock so far :shrug:

I run a aluminum bars that I find in the bargain bin at my local dealership (I do have a fancy bar pad that I put on them). I have broken pretty much every style of bar out there (no crashes involved). Awhile back I concluded that what you ran for a bar didn't matter.

As a personal preference, I have decided that I enjoy a more traditional bar with a cross bar in them as opposed to the fat bars. :thumbsup: