im looking for the right pistons ? i need help

hi guys!

well, i havent been around my forum for a while and i have also been away from my banshee for 6 months coz im away right now working. im coming home soon and i have been out of the piston loop for years. the last set that was in it was 2 years ago. wiseco pro-lites at 0.20 . now my brother, who regularly mstarts my shee while im away noticed a couple broken rings. so the shee is down. these are my questions :

1. should i look for a good replacement top-end or should i just get rings??

2. if i get a piston kit, what are the hot new istons out there? im sure the wiseco pro-lites are still popular. but what about Vito's ? and has there been any other newcomers to the piston forefront lately?

3. i dont have a big racing engine and i dont race it, but i still want speed!

i only have T5 Toomey's, stock head, cylinders and engine, except for the 0.20 over bore. so would the Vito's help THAT much more anyway (IF they are better) over the wisecos, since my engine isnt modified that much any how?

i think pro-lites are the cheapest to get and the best bang for your buck. just i want to explore all my options.

thanks guys!!!!!

If you broke a ring or "rings" you probably have cylinder damage and who knows what else. If this is the case, you are probably going to have to bore a size or two up. Obviously that means new top end.

I would definately go w/Weisco's!

If you didn't actually break a ring, and your cylinders aren't out of wear spec., you can just hone and rering.

I highly doubt you broke a ring without doing damage to the cylinder or the piston.

I've ran Vito's Super Stock pistons for 4 or 5 years and had good luck with them - alot of people on here say they're no good but most of them people haven't ran them either. I've had good luck them and definitly noticed a gain in power.

Edited by Tim C

I highly doubt you broke a ring without doing damage to the cylinder or the piston.

I've ran Vito's Super Stock pistons for 4 or 5 years and had good luck with them - alot of people on here say they're no good but most of them people haven't ran them either. I've had good luck them and definitly noticed a gain in power.

501222[/snapback]

I agree with the Vito's . I've been running them a while now too and like them alot . All they are , are modified wiseco's , So why would a builder say wiseco and not vito ? Their the same thing... :D

If I were you I would get a dune/play port while its apart. If you like speed, porting with those t-5's will really wake it up. Then bore it and use the wiseco's. Most builders are using them, light weight and I believe there forged. Don't go cheap, Do it right. :cheers:

If I were you I would get a dune/play port while its apart. If you like speed, porting with those t-5's will really wake it up. Then bore it and use the wiseco's. Most builders are using them, light weight and I believe there forged. Don't go cheap, Do it right. :cheers:

501396[/snapback]

when you say most builders are using them, do you mean the Vito's or the Wiseco kit?

We use and sell Wiseco pistons with no trouble!

501222[/snapback]

hi Tim. but on their website, it has a bunch of different Vito's. for example:

PISTON KITS-FORGED SUPERSTOCK-USA or

PISTON KITS-VITO'S FORGED SUPERSTOCK

which one do mean? and whats the difference between the 2? one has "USA" at the end of the description

thanks

PISTON KITS-FORGED SUPERSTOCK-USA  or

PISTON KITS-VITO'S FORGED SUPERSTOCK

which one do mean? and whats the difference between the 2? one has "USA" at the end of the description

thanks

501474[/snapback]

They sell forged pistons and a cast pistons. The forged piston a made by Wiseco (to Vito's specs). I run the forged pistons - they are a little more money but most people claim a forged piston is a little better

Pro-X's.  Or OEM  but pro-x's are Better than OEM.  Pro-X has to meet OEM specs...so they exceed them. making them the best piston on the market.

501568[/snapback]

What exactly is it that makes Pro-X better then Wiseco or any other brand.