TOP SPEED

CRASHTH

we all need to remember its just mathmatics, so many rpm verses the gear size verses the tire size, horsepower helps you reach the rpm's, but if youve got a 13 up font and your doing 100mph, the engine between your legs is not a 350 twin two cycle, unless of course you got one that will spinn 12000 rpm which i serousley doubt, or nasa built you a transmission

i had mine at 82.6 on the ice with mods in my sig and 14-44 gears and 22" tires. Totally off topic but i thinks this is great. I was riding this weekend and ran into a guy with a 250r pushing 125 hp and 122mph on radar :rolleyes: . He was a total red neck "built the motor himself" so he wanted to race and i wanted to see how my shee stacked up against a 125hp 250r :rotflmao: . so after he shifted into "reverse" we stopped and he said he thought he blew it up, there was anti-freeze and oil running down the out side of the motor..... come to find out that when" building the motor himself" he forgot to tighten the head bolts oops banghead just thought it was funny.

You're supposed to leave the head bolts loose on 125HP 250R's.

Don't you know...LEAN IS MEAN...that's where the extra ponies kick in...like nature's own turbo charger...sucking all that air in.

Did the 250R have a trailer hitch, gun rack and a six pack holder? Haa....that must've been a site.

Seriously...a few years back...my buddy and his stock 96 took it to the drag strip, 1/4 mile is PLENTY to top out a stock shee...hell...1/8 mile is.

Anywho....stock gearing...stock EVERYTHING...74 something MPH. Took off the front fenders, 77 something MPH.

Just my two cents...and it was at Milan Dragway, NHRA track...so, it's not like it was

"Uncle Bob's Drag Race and Grocery Store --Mart"....

a stock banshee with stock gearing will only do about 70 mph 85 is a little much

500257[/snapback]

15/41 fmf gnarlys and k&ns 20in tires 86.3 on garmin gps. i haven't tried it since i got all my engine work done and changed pipes and advanced my timing and other things.