Is this Normal

BrianEb

I don't know if I ever notice this before. But after I removed my airbox and rejetted to a 320 Main, Moved the clip on the needle down one towards the richer side. I believe it is on the 4th groove if you start at the top of the needle.

But after i've been riding there is smoke coming out of the exhaust ends

is that normal or is something wrong.

I don't know if I ever notice this before. But after I removed my airbox and rejetted to a 320 Main, Moved the clip on the needle down one towards the richer side. I believe it is on the 4th groove if you start at the top of the needle.

But after i've been riding there is smoke coming out of the exhaust ends

is that normal or is something wrong.

497520[/snapback]

Does it run better since you made those mods?

When you removed the air box, you are getting more air flow to the carbs.

More air requires more fuel. Bigger carburetor jets allow more

fuel to be mixed with the air. More fuel and air being burned

in the combustion chamber causes more exhaust.

Am I right? :confused:

And arent banshees supposed to smoke just a little?

Edited by Hilarious

Very True :cheers:

Does it run better since you made those mods?

When you removed the air box, you are getting more air flow to the carbs.

More air requires more fuel. Bigger carburetor jets allow more

fuel to be mixed with the air. More fuel and air being burned

in the combustion chamber causes more exhaust.

Am I right? :confused:

And arent banshees supposed to smoke just a little?

497526[/snapback]

I concur :D

The amount of smoke coming out of the pipes isn't really a good indication of how good your jetting is.  Mine smokes alot sometimes, and other times, not so much.  You gotta do a plug chop to determine if you're jetted right.

497537[/snapback]

Once mine is warmed up it does not smoke one bit. Every banshee does not smoke. In fact, properly tuned (ie. jetted, and oil mix ratio) there is no reason for a two stroke to smoke. You might get it to smoke if you put around for a while and then rap it hard, but only momentarily at best. BrianEb, you mentioned after you ride. Did you mean actually after you finish riding you see a very small amount of smoke out the tailpipe (almost like cigarette smoke in the wind)? Or do you mean it actually smokes while riding? When checking my jetting (WOT plug test) I have noticed that my bike will wisp smoke out the silencers just after coming to a stop from the WOT kill.

2003LimitedBanshee

i have the same problem that you have. when i finish from WOT riding i can see a small amount of smoke out the 2 silencers and they are hot . so whats the couse of this problem and did you solve it ?

Once mine is warmed up it does not smoke one bit.  Every banshee does not smoke.  In fact, properly tuned (ie. jetted, and oil mix ratio) there is no reason for a two stroke to smoke.  You might get it to smoke if you put around for a while and then rap it hard, but only momentarily at best.  BrianEb, you mentioned after you ride.  Did you mean actually after you finish riding you see a very small amount of smoke out the tailpipe (almost like cigarette smoke in the wind)? Or do you mean it actually smokes while riding?  When checking my jetting (WOT plug test) I have noticed that my bike will wisp smoke out the silencers just after coming to a stop from the WOT kill.

498601[/snapback]