What to do

if you are dirt riding I dont care what you do to your banshee, you wont keep up with the 450 dirt bikes. ive got both, a cub and a dirt bike and always will walk away from my 421 cub with my dirt bike. unless im in the sand. my cub is a decked 421 with 35pwks and 18cc domes on race gas and running paul turner mid ranged pipes. its a low end monster. doesnt top out very fast but it has so much torque(51ft lbs) at such a low rpm (6500). its an awesom dune bike. cubs are nice becuase they can be detuned in order to make them a play bike but if you want the arm ripping pwoer changed the pipes and carbs and you will be good to go. I vote for the cub. assuming you wont get a dirt bike for the dirt.

From what ive bean told passion is the way to go. And i guess there 12 port stroker kit kick's some serious ass. Goes really good. Twin

494944[/snapback]

I wil second that, jim ported all of my drag shees, and they all kick ass. bakabina is a friend of mine and he had a passion racing 4 mill 12 port and that thing was wicked. really good trail bike and you could take it to the drags and have some fun there to.

i have a feeling thats not gonna go over to well

494926[/snapback]

Yep.

PT Mids on a cub setup??? I thought they liked to breath. You'd be with the bikes unless they are exceptionally good riders if you had a good port job on stock cylinders and good suspension. You've got more torque than those bikes have horsepower and you can't keep up??? What's your gearing? Can you put the power to the ground or do you just spin?

Yep.

PT Mids on a cub setup??? I thought they liked to breath. You'd be with the bikes unless they are exceptionally good riders if you had a good port job on stock cylinders and good suspension. You've got more torque than those bikes have horsepower and you can't keep up??? What's your gearing? Can you put the power to the ground or do you just spin?

495194[/snapback]

I agree. I know the 450 dirtbikes get the power to the ground, and are fast, but open that motor up some and get it to hook pu, you should walk the 450.

I have a set of cubs on order from jim at passion.  Great price, for the 65mm, drag port and all the gaskets where $1200.  They should be here any day.  With bigger carsbs they are estimated to be in the high 70 low 80hp.  I do almost all of my riding in the dunes, ready to wax some 450s.

495281[/snapback]

awsome, let me know how shee runs.

You guys talk about needing all these mods to 'wax the 450's'. I really don't think all that work is necessary just for that task. My Shee is unported (cleaned up a tiny bit is all), stock carbs, stock reeds and I walk on 450's that don't have serious mods done to them. My friend has a 450R with the HRC kit and LRD4 exhaust and I embarrass him in drags and we are dead even in the woods. Obviously there are some places a 4-stroke is gonna pull on me but I have my advantages also. Now those dirt bikes are a different story, they are capable of 60+hp (money!) and weigh 200lbs less..thats a tough competition

I guess what you need to look at is how badly do you want to smoke the quads, not 'if'. I have some of the 'bolt on' stuff and I don't have any problems with 450's that aren't cammed, piped and running high comp pistons. I'll be honest though, that Passion racing port job sounds like a winner.

I really don't care how friendly they are, i just wanna know if it could be done and the trails i ride are pretty much wide open i just want my buddies to have dirt in their teeth

494876[/snapback]

If this is true why ask, just go for cubs. :bolt: You don't need new carbs with cubs until after your buddies spend all there time and money to keep up, then go buy carbs and start the process all over again :rolleyes:

you should race puddle jumper.

for a damn 450 its hauls some serious ass. its on alky sometimes but the thing never spins out. ill give props to brandon. his bike is hard to beat.

one way i found to get ahead of him is make him drink like a 12 pack before hand.

lol

:cheers: