What to do

Hey everyone, I have been thinkin real hard over the past few weeks since the weather has been getting better about my Banshee, she has been in hibernation all winter and im dieing to ride her, Baisically I need some ideas on what i should do with the motor, I ride the thing everywhere from trials to wide open dirt roads to gravel pits, I want a motor thats gonna pack enough punch to silence all my buddies on there 450 dirt bikes and quads, I was thinking about having my cylinders ported and going with an aftermarket head with all small dome and running race gas, advancing the timeing and puting on larger carbs, but i was tihnking if im gonna go threw all that trouble should i just switch to a cheetah cub and maybe even add in a 4 mil, any help on what you guys run and how you like them would be greatly appreciated

The Cubs are pretty reliable and pack a hell of a punch in the power department. It will definately cost more than the port job and new head and carbs, but you will have to get a new head and carbs anyway with the cubs. Just give Jeff at FAST a call and he'll hook you right up, great prices too. I'm getting ready to do mine and he told me all about the pro's and con's, very informative. Tell him what type of riding you do and what you want and he'll give you the total. But from what he told me and what those that have them now this is not going to be a bike that you are going to be crawling through creeks and climbing over rock on. But then again thats what the four pokes are for................ :cheers:

I can awnser your question with first hand experience.I also live in Ma+do the same kind of ridding you do.With the exception of one week in the dunes a year.A correctly ported(mx)4 mill stock cylinder set up will have a much broader+useable power curve.I'm compairing my set up to my bro's decked(detuned)421 cub.Shure he has a lot more top end,but you have to get through the lower+midrange before the blistering topend kicks in. Unless your just drag racing+don't care about low end grunt,IMO opinion thecubs are not what your looking for.I set up both bikes+if i was going to do it again.I'd stay with the stock cylinder set upon mine for 95% of the ridding i do. Or you can come down to the cape later this spring+ride both of our set ups+make your own choice.