bike wont idle!

senoroms

dont listen to either of them

is your tors still hooked up?

If so disconnect the grey clips that go into them on top of the carbs, and also disconnect the little black box thats in front of the fuel petcock under the tank

It should idle after that

im sorry i should have mentioned that i removed my tors long time ago, other than that i have clamp ons with now air box and the filters are clean and my outerwares are just washed. i want to get it running right before i go to glamis in two weeks. not cool when i cant idle!

• 4 weeks later...

so i took them apart and clenaed then really good but nothing. it still turns off, the only thing it will idle for like 2 seconds more than before, another thing i noticed is that even with my air screws all the way in, the idle isnt affected. i dont know what to do, any hlep would be great, leaving to glamis in the morning, would be nice if i could have it fixed by then.

thanks everyone

When was the last time it was rebuilt? Might wanna check compression. Back in the day (Which according to Dane Cook always fell on a Weds), my blaster had a similar problem where it would run great and as soon as I pulled in the clutch and let off the throttle it would stop running. Ended up needing a rebuild and then she ran great.

Nick

"When was the last time it was rebuilt? Might wanna check compression. Back in the day (Which according to Dane Cook always fell on a Weds), my blaster had a similar problem where it would run great and as soon as I pulled in the clutch and let off the throttle it would stop running. Ended up needing a rebuild and then she ran great.

Nick"

well i couldnt fix it by this past weekend. as for rebuidling, its an 03 and i have never rebuild it, but i didnt think about that becuase every time i drag i win, even against lightly moded shees and im just piped and milled head. Ive been riding since i was young so i figured that had a lot to do with it, but alot of people after we drag say that my bike runs real good.

i just cant get the damn thing to idle.

"Did you take the pilot jet out and blow air through it, or did you just take the bowls off and spray everthing down?"

as far as cleaning the carbs out, i just removed the bowls, and cleaned everything out that way, how would i get to the pilot?

Remove the bowl, remove the main and plastic splash gaurd around it.

You'll see the little hole opposite side of the main from the needle and seat.

You'll need a tiny flat head screwdriver to get it out. I used a micro screwdriver kit to remove mine.

Get a thin strand of wire, any kind...speaker wire, etc.

remove the pilot and clean the holes with that wire...that'll knock/brush any dirt off it that air won't.

For Sanity's sake...a compression test since it's 3 years old and you drag race would be a good idea....

Edited by dajogejr