Blown Banshee... again... =(

Hey Guys ! What's up... Well this is the second time I have blown my Banshee in 3 months... I'm extremely pissed and don't know what to do. :cry: Here are my mods' Porting, Stock head shaved 155 psi., v-force reeds, CPI pipes, stock carbs with airbox removed 370 jets. It looks like it lean out again ??????? First it was the right side that blew a couple months ago and now it's the left side...???? The rings forged against the piston again. :angry: I'm thinking it's the carbs that are messed up.. I know the floats for sure.. cause my bike always leaks out the overflow tubes on the carbs.. So my question is will floats cause a bike to blow on top end if not working correctly ??? It always blows in 6th gear full throttle... So people say it's the carbs and some say it's the computer.. but I don't get what the computer has to do with this since it's carb operated and EFI ... :confused: Another question how much are stock brand new carbs ???? Or should I just rebuilt my stock carbs ??? Or get bigger carbs.. since maybe these can't provide the full needed ???? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!! don't know what to do .. please help.

Any ignition advance?, you may be pinging it to death. Depending on the porting you may need bigger jets?. Was the top end redone from the last time, did you use wiseco's?, was it honed/clearenced properly?

What feul and mix are you running?

By computer I think someone means the TORS box, which wouldn't blow the motor since it cut the ignition, whoever told you that and called it a computer...don't talk to them anymore. ;)

I would start from ground zero and do a fresh top end and clean up the carbs.

WTF!!!, I'm not sure what's wrong, but what color are the plug's? :confused: It sound's to me that your jetting is wrong...

Try to give more info then just 6th gear WFO, cause what it sound's like is your main jetting is wrong... :( Also are you using a air/box plate instead of the stock POS air filter set-up??? banghead

Last thing what type of gas and oil ratio are you using???

Get the info and post it so we can come up with possiable answers... :cheers:

Olie

I'm also running 4 degree advance timing and I'm running on 93 pump gas...

Here's the pic of piston blown now.. as you can see the rings are forged onto the piston..

blown1.jpg

And here's the pic of the blown piston 3 months ago... this one you can tell It ran lean as shit !!!!

blown2.jpg

Are you using a milled stock head, or after market with smaller chamber's??? :confused:

The 1st pick look's like a lean mix in jetting, did you rejet after putting the ported cyl's on??? I won't think that +4 advance would cause to much problem's, if the jetting is correct... :D

Olie

Alright... I'm running the stock carbs with 2 K&N filters on them and the tors removed, I'm ported, I'm running the stock head milled to 155/160 psi, my timing is at 4 degree, I'm running on 93 pump gas mix 32:1... Like I said I think it's the carbs since the floats are fuked up, but would floats cause the bike to blow on 6th gear wide open ?

Oh and yes of course after the first blow from 060 I went up to 080 bored and honed.. fresh top end rebuilt.. and it still blew !!!!!!! ahhhh !!!!!! :angry:banghead

I appreciate the help guys ! :cheers:

Edited by XTREMEH18

Yea I took time to re-read your first posting, I think that with the current setup that you needed to run 50/50 mix with your gas and racing gas...

93 pump gas is good, but with higher compression, +4 adv it make's a good case of pre-detonation blue's... :(

It could be possiable to blow your engine with a sticking float, but I'ld bet on the other...

Have you removed your carb's???

Olie

Yea I took time to re-read your first posting, I think that with the current setup that you needed to run 50/50 mix with your gas and racing gas...

93 pump gas is good, but with higher compression, +4 adv it make's a good case of pre-detonation blue's... :( 

It could be possiable to blow your engine with a sticking float, but I'ld bet on the other...

Have you removed your carb's???

Olie

485669[/snapback]

I totally agree...being on the cusp of having to run a race/pump gas mix and then bumping the timing to +4, it could very well be the cause of your problems.

My current setup is T-6 pipe's, Noss head w/19cc domes, Force 3 cages, +3 adv, Twist throttle, TORS eliminator kit, 320 main, needle on third clip w/ 1/2 shim, stock idle jet, Pro-design pro flow kit w/ K&N filter.

Fuel mix 50/50 mix 50% 91 pump 50% VP 110 race gas

40:1 ratio Yama Lube R pre- mix

Olie

I've been running 93 octane for a couple years now with 155 psi and +4 timing. I haven't had any problems what so ever. What did the plugs look like when you put the 370 mains in there? What type of porting do you have?? Did you have it ported right before if blew up the first time? What was your jetting before the portjob?

Okay everytime I have blown it ... the plugs come out and look fine.. they don't seem to be lean conditions .. The first time It was blown it had 340 jets in her.. but the conditions were cold and the 2nd time I had 370 and it wasn't cold.. What I have noticed that it has done it twice already.. the first time it blew and now.. Is that before she blows a day before or run before.. While in 6th gear full throttle she'll turn off... the engine will just cut off.. and then she'll start again.. but once this happens again for the 2nd time.. It just blows... :cry:

Another question guys.. I'm an 080 over.. I want to go 100 ... is that safe or should I resleeve it ? I do have a Tommy Rad and a high flow water impeller...

Okay everytime I have blown it ... the plugs come out and look fine.. they don't seem to be lean conditions .. The first time It was blown it had 340 jets in her.. but the conditions were cold and the 2nd time I had 370 and it wasn't cold.. What I have noticed that it has done it twice already.. the first time it blew and now.. Is that before she blows a day before or run before.. While in 6th gear full throttle she'll turn off... the engine will just cut off.. and then she'll start again.. but once this happens again for the 2nd time.. It just blows...

I'm also running 4 degree advance timing and I'm running on 93 pump gas...

Here's the pic of piston blown now.. as you can see the rings are forged onto the piston..

blown1.jpg

And here's the pic of the blown piston 3 months ago... this one you can tell It ran lean as shit !!!!

blown2.jpg

485640[/snapback]

What thats telling me is that its not really lean, as much as it looks like your squish clearance isn't high enough, and your getting detonation from that. Look at the ring on the outside of the pison. It goes all the way around the piston, and is only on the outside edge. It doesn't look like your typical lean out piston that has a hole burnt down the side. Measure your squish clearance when you rebuild and I'll be you'll find its too small. Other than that, clean the carbs well, get new reed cage gaskets, get new intake manifolds, new crank seals.