Protecting Plastic from melting w/ T-5's

I am getting ready to purchase the T-5's and I have caught a few posts where people said that the Toomey T-5's have melted their plastic. Is this true with everyone or did they mess up somewhere? If it does melt the plastic, what can I do to prevent it, exhaust wrap, stick-on silver heat deflectors(on the inside of plastic), or anything else? Any suggestions would help. Thanks.

I am getting ready to purchase the T-5's and I have caught a few posts where people said that the Toomey T-5's have melted their plastic. Is this true with everyone or did they mess up somewhere? If it does melt the plastic, what can I do to prevent it, exhaust wrap, stick-on silver heat deflectors(on the inside of plastic), or anything else? Any suggestions would help. Thanks.

485600[/snapback]

Go get some header wrap from an autoparts store and wrap your stingers with it. :cheers:

http://www.cascadeinnovations.net/

Banshee accessories & performance - Exhaust heat wraps

2- 17 inch Exhaust Pipe Wraps~Universal Fit For All Big Bore Inframe Banshee Pipes

Part: PW-20

PROTECT YOUR OUTERWEARS,WIRING HARNESS OR PLASTIC FROM EXCESSIVE HEAT WITH A PIPE WRAP MADE OF ALUMINUM SILICA FABRIC-FIBERGLASS & SEWN WITH KEVLAR COATED STAINLESS WIRE! RATED AT 1800 DEGREES!

$ 39.95 PAIR

WORKS GREAT!