traction

stockridinshee

Is there anything i can do to the stock suspension to get better traction. i dont wanna spend lots of money on a new shock i was just wondering if lowering it or somthing liek that would help? i have brand new kenda klaws and ive tryed running them on the soft and hard side and they both suck. i had holeshots before and they sucked and ive tryed stock raptor tires and they sucked. is it just the way a banshee is or can i do somthing about it? thanks in advance for any imput at all

Dan

i got both klaws and holeshot mxr4's and with the mxr4's i can't keep the front end down, but in really dry conditions any tire is gonna spin on a shee

483958[/snapback]

Those MXR4's hook up pretty good...for about 15 rides. A buddy w/a YFZ450 bought some of those last season (brand new). He liked them a lot. No joke, those fuckers were wore down after 10 races. So he flipped them around and wore down the other side, and he got about 3 more races of out them. I couldn't believe ITP would charge someone like much fuckin' money and not have them last a full season. :shootself: Like I said, they hook up, but if I'm not getting those damn things for free, you won't see them on my bike.

EDIT: By the end of the season, he heard me talking about my Klaws so damn much that he went out and bought a set of his own. He says he hasn't regretted the switch at all.

Those MXR4's hook up pretty good...for about 15 rides. A buddy w/a YFZ450 bought some of those last season (brand new). He liked them a lot. No joke, those fuckers were wore down after 10 races. So he flipped them around and wore down the other side, and he got about 3 more races of out them. I couldn't believe ITP would charge someone like much fuckin' money and not have them last a full season. :shootself:  Like I said, they hook up, but if I'm not getting those damn things for free, you won't see them on my bike.

EDIT: By the end of the season, he heard me talking about my Klaws so damn much that he went out and bought a set of his own. He says he hasn't regretted the switch at all.

483977[/snapback]

well the cost of good tires to put it to the ground is well worth the price. if ya look at racin in general, tires are just a cost factor that U have to decide on if ya wanna put it to the ground!!

well the cost of good tires to put it to the ground is well worth the price.  if ya look at racin in general, tires are just a cost factor that U have to decide on if ya wanna put it to the ground!!

485196[/snapback]

After reading your post 4 times I finally deciphered what you were trying to say..... A shitty tire is a shitty tire..... If by "putting it to the ground" you mean the tire grabbing traction then your still wrong b/c once again.... the mxr4's still suck at that... You boil them off in one moto on a 4-stroke... on a 'shee they'd be toast in 3 laps on hard packed..... ITP just re-released the mxr4 with a totally reworked compound and they're good but still don't compete with the klaws :headbang: .... also retailing at 45$ a tire they can't be beat...

Mike