Honda 250 r

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking at a 89 250r myself. Paul turner race pipe, 38 mm carb, porting, lonestar +2 arms and +4 axel, and works triple rates with rezzies. To tell the truth, I'm sure the r handels better, but I have no idea how a 250r stacks up against a piped shee power wise.

sounds really nice im gonna try looking for a beat up one and build it from there or a have way decent one but the 250r can be modded to smoke a banshee just got to have money and there so light from what i can see.TWIN

250r quads are nice and handle /ride sweet ,they also turn and jump so much better than a she,but the banshee punch has no replacment and it takes some heavy mods to hang with a banshee power ansd speed wise ,for mx or woods riding they (250R) still are equal if not better compared to the new 450 quads . :bolt::clap:

haha that be awsem handle and go like a bitch when i get mine ill prolly put a 5mm stroker and a 350 powervalve cylinder kit from esr 250 wont have any probs with a shee then have it ported to. TWIN

its been done.. i own both a 89 250r its one of many ive owned, and a 4mill cub banshee,, i love my R to death for the track and handiling, but i love the raw banshee power for straight n fast, although there are mx banshees that are badass and my R isnt slow when it comes to piped and modded banshees and stock 450s but u get to much on the drag side and the R wont do it for me, so i get the banshee out! but Rs are an excellent handling,jumping cornering, bike, and if u get on planetsand they can be pumped up to drag and hang with the big banshees ask turbo bobby. gpracerx, sandtrixor phoneman they got some sweet drag Rs,,

Edited by 2bzy2p

I love mine, hates me though. Looked alright when I bought it(didn't know jack about 'em aside from the basics). Got most of the bugs worked out now( and was there ALOT of them) and it's night and day to the Banshee. got a spare frame too that I'm planning on doing a "ground-up" on over the summer.

i have a friend that rides a R with a CT 350pv kit. its ported and totally modded, it rips on the mx track ...... but he cant begin to hang with either of my banshee's. Not to burst your bubble but, just a honest fact is the banshee is gonna have a R-burger LOL

have u guys seen that video of the souped up 250 r 3 wheeler haulin wheelies past banshee i live in maine i just have to worry bout four strokes when racing hah shouldnt have any problems when im done with it.

my dream has always been to stuff a banshee motor in a 250R frame

482555[/snapback]

simple answer to your problem, buy an aftermarket 250R geometry banshee chassis. Basically a 250R frame and all the parts, but its set up for a banshee engine, radiator, and plastic.

It's always been my dream to own one.

250Rs are sick. The handling is incredible. They weight like 50lbs less that a banshee, so you can just toss them around at will. They have so much usable power that you can really make bigger bikes look silly on the track and trails. Put a 300+ big bore on it and they can beat ported banshees even in the straights. After just a couple rides on my R after selling the 'Shee I was already faster on it. I can ride it harder and faster for longer than I could the Banshee. So hurry up and buy one before the prices go up again.