banshee vs. 450 vs. 400ex

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd kill a tank in 45 mins tops...... stock ports.....

Mike

482506[/snapback]

I know before i modded out my yfz it would last for quite a while on a tank, but now it wouldn't last 45min's if that lol

I rode 3 some hours today on a full tank of cam2 and still had a tad bit left, although I'm not sure octane really had anything to do with it. And for at least 30-45 mins of it was higher speed on roads seeing mostly 1/2 to full throttle, the other time was ragged trail ridding on muddy trails.

It all depends how you ride it. Down at Hatfield-McCoy I burned through 3 1/2 gallons in an hour and a half, stock ports, stock carbs.

That was riding with my buddy on his 250R. Next day we went out with the rest of the crew on their 400ex's and I rode in the back and made 4 gallons last me 5-6 hours with a few short stops.

Basically when I ride with the 400ex's I can keep it in 4th and up gears, and when I'm riding hard I'm going from second on up.

Buy an oversized tank and you'll be able to ride all day long with it. And worst case scenario, carry a 2 gallon tank in a back pack and empty it into your tank every time you stop.

i also have a 400 ex it gets way good gas milage compared to the shee maybe not twice but a little.

but think of it this way the shee will get you to your destination 3 times faster so youll save gassss :headbang:

also i went to the dunes this weekend and ran it up and down the hill all day lasted me the whole day on WOT till around 9 then i had to put it on reserve

Edited by jjfizzle51

Dont worrie about it, when I go to the dunes we ride for about 2 hours at a time. When I get back to camp I always fill up no matter what even if I have 3/4 tank. I will never run out that way out in the dunes. Banshees eat up about 1/3 more gas thank a 400ex id say (bro has one- pipe cam lid off). If you want a banshee get a banshee! The 450's have like a 2.6 gallon tank and the banshee has like a 3.5. Id say if you hade a piped and filtered banshee(lid on) you could ride for 6 hours with a tank. But, wats the fun of that? I use to be just like you always worring about running out of gas and now I just want more power fuck gas milage :bolt:

Edited by Banshee~

really? im not worried about it to much its just where i ride its alot of stair line 6th gear to the pines riding and wanted to make sure i could ride liek that for a wehile eithout running out.. sorry to ask so many questions but is it easy to keep a banshee on 2 wheels? i know it must be harder than a 4stroke but is it hard to do a long wheelie?