UFC 58 Can v/s USA

RIPPEN

penn jacked him up, all st. pierre did was through penn to the ground a couple of times and they call him the winner. st pierre never landed any good kicks or punches never got him a hold. i think that fight was all penn. :angry: oh well  i lost 30 bucks :shrugani: .

482230[/snapback]

Thats what I was thinking... Penn did start to slow down a bit but the damage he put on him should have counted more than St Pierre take down... I was kinda pissed but oh well.

Franklin kicked ass and thats all I was lookin for. Its crazy how he was still throwing left after he broke that hand early in the second. Takes one crazy SOB to fight through that shit. Another thing that was crazy was the face of the crow after that fight... Franklin looked winded and a little sore but the crow had the bird shit knocked outta him. Who really has a good chance with Franklin....? Thing I like about him most besides being a bad ass fighter is the guy is classy and professional. Always has good post fight interviews.

RIPPEN

I was on the floor at UFC 58 It was awesome. Franklin was perfect. GSP did outlast Penn even though Penn cut GSP in the first round he didn't keep it going. One of the best fights of the year. Can't wait to see GSP fight Hughes again. Probably going to happen this summer assuming Hughes beats Gracie.

I was on the floor at UFC 58 It was awesome.  Franklin was perfect.  GSP did outlast Penn even though Penn cut GSP in the first round he didn't keep it going.  One of the best fights of the year.  Can't wait to see GSP fight Hughes again.  Probably going to happen this summer assuming Hughes beats Gracie.

483696[/snapback]

Damn I was close to going to that fight. Tix were allota cash :notworthy: Franklin is bay far my forvorite fighter. The first fight I saw him in was like three years ago and I remember thinking it was funny that he looked like Jim Carey. Then the fight started and he showed so much more skill than most fighters. Guy is one badass. Who do you think can currently hang with him? The crow would have been my answere a week ago.... :headbang: I do realize Penn was losing steam but it just seems like they award more points for takedown than damage. I kinda think it should be the otherway around but oh well, still a pretty decent fight. However Iam not sure GSP will have much chance with Hughes. I think that guy is another one who is gonna be champ for a while. I cant think of anyone else pound for pound as strong as him. Plus his striking has gotten better so he is gettin to be much more rounded.. Definatly looking forward to that fight :cheers:

Oh and welcome to the HQ :cheers:

RIPPEN

I used to do that type of fighting. Doing the most damage won't win you a fight, controlling the fight will. It's not hard to swing and cut a guy, some guys cut really easy. But they were all good fights to me. Franklin is good, has good standup and some good ground defence. GSP is a good fighter also, really patient. Penn has not been fighting much so maybe he kinda took it to easy training for the fight.

As for the guy who said UFC has turned gay over the years, LOL. It's not that the rules made it less bloody or that guys are not as good of fighters. All the fighters train the same way now. They all know BJJ, have standup, wrestling, greko roman wrestling, mui ti, and the list goes on forever. They are just more evenly matched. Fighters know how to protect themselves better now, can counter moves, and know how to attack against a certain opponant. Randy is old, but you say he would kick like your grandma, I bet he would make you cry and spank you on your ass like he did Tito in their fight.

As for Diego, he is a really good fighter, but he hasn't lost yet either. When he does his attitude will change.

Thanks Rip, your right there is nobody in sight to challenge Franklin. He is the class of the division. Like he said in the post fight though somebody will come onto the seen within the next year and give him a test. In the UFC it looks like they are giving decisions to the more aggressive fighter. Penn did come out smoking in the first but GSP was forcing the action the rest of the fight. Beleive it or not watching from ring side I had the fight a split going to GSP. As far as GSP vs. Hughes I did see Hughes struggle with Trigg at times (even though he got kicked in the balls), and he did lose to Penn not to long ago. Your right Hughes is pound for pound the strongest fighter in the UFC, but GSP I believe is the best athlete. He is very well rounded, conditioned, and is very hungry for the belt. It will be a great fight to watch. I believe learned a lot from the Penn fight and should be more confident the second time around with Hughes. Bigun I agreed with everything you said. What got you out of fighting?