vito's vs. hot rod

apelfy

Bought a Banshee with a blown motor that needs a crank. Is either crank better than the other. I plan on starting out basic and then continue upgrading as I get use to the power. Will mostly be trail ridden so I'm planning on stock stroke crank and a new head. But eventually to port the cylinders, carbs and pipe. Which head and what domes do you guys reccommend?

I agree. Phil at Crankworks is top notch. He can set you up with a stock stroke crank that is trued and welded and also if you want can install heavy duty bearings. Then as you build your engine up, the crank can take whatever mods you decide to go with. He's who does all my cranks.....

I am one of the ones that had bad luck with a Vito's crank.

My advice would be to go with a +4 crank right now and just use a spacer plate. WHen you do decide to step it up, the stroker part will already be done and you can have the porting done to match your riding style.

For the amount of time and money you will spend on the stock stroke, the stroker crank will only be slightly more expensive and it will stop you from having to tear down the motor again in the future.

I've heard a lot of bad things about vitos cranks, I would say clear of vitos if it were me.

But ive also heard that the hot rods cranks are breaking the welds.

if you plan on gettin a lot of hp in the future id go with a twister or crankworks, I have a hot rods +4 in mine and im not very imressed with it.