Truck buying advice...

Hey guys its been awhile. Does anyone own an F150 fx4 model? I would like to know what you think of them, those of you who have one. I believe it's the only 4 wheel drive Ford truck thats regular size, if I'm not mistaken.

Also, I know the YFZ450's are nice quads and all, but I've never ridden one, what do you all think of them. I can't remember the name of the quad, but its fuel injected, supposed to be fast and reliable, I thinks its z600 but Im not sure, my brain is freezing up now. I think its a newer quad, whatever, if anyone knows what I'm talking about, tell how it compares to the YZF...damn, whats that quads name.

I'm going to buy a new truck and quad, so these are the two I've narrowed it down to somewhat. I ride my quad mostly on trails. I love speed but it doesn't have to be rediculously fast. And for my truck, it has to be 4 wheel drive, good for mudding. Any other suggestions would be helpful too.

Thanks for the tips if you can help!

The newer ones. Any advice? I searched all over online, all the reviews I found dont really help much.

469681[/snapback]

I've personally never offroaded one but they are great on the road. One of the guys I hunted with this year had one and he put it through some deep snow with no problem. I've got the older style Lariat FX4 extended cab and I've been pretty hard on it plus it's my daily driver and gets about 1000 miles a week on it. I've got the 5.4 and it makes plenty of power for what I use it for and gets 17-18mpg on the highway and about 15 in the city. I'd definately get the new F150 even one of my buds whos never owned anything other than Chevy's is going to a Ford because of how nice the new F150's are. He's going with the powerstroke in an F250 though. Make sure you get the Lariat it's the only way to go, the King Ranch models are really nice too.

the ford f150 fx4 are great if you dont lift them up.

I had a 2004 fx4 supercrew with a 14"

lift on it rollin' 40" truxxus tires, I went through at least 6 drive shafts on the front, and distroyed the front diff 2 or 3 times. Ford's warranties are great, every time they covered it. ( The guy that ran service raced mx with me) I say go 3/4 ton solid axles Ford or the Dodge.

If your going 4 strokin' for a quad I love my Honda 450. Buy the kicker model not the electric. The factory support is great and the HRC parts are cheap and make you go fast. Look up jhracing.com Johnny is a friend of mine and helps me out alot on parts and tips.

Good luck

I wouldn't buy anything other then a Chevrolet, I have a 2001 Z71 with 120,000 miles and haven't changed one thing but the oil. Still has the stock battery, belts, everything. I have the 5.3 in it, which has decent power and pretty good on the MPG. For a 1/2 ton 4x4 gas truck go with a Chevy Z71, I made the mistake of buying my wife a Denali truck last year, AWD, 6.0, all the options, don't really care for it as much as the Z71.

Kevin

The Ford is the right choice. My daily driver is a '00 F-150 4x4 supercab. I have 133,000 hard miles on it and it still looks and runs like new. I use it in the woods for hauling and hunting, and it's gone places trucks just shouldn't go. 10-20,000 mile oil changes are the norm for it, with non-synthetic and the oil still comes out clean. Still has the original battery and spins over at the -30 and -40F we get here. These Triton motors are rediculously reliable and Ford's chassis are built sturdier than the competition. As for the quad, if I was shopping for a new sport machine right now, I'd be looking at the new LTR450 from Suzuki. It's ready to hit the track out of the box. DirtWheels interviewed Jeremiah Jones about it and he says it's already better than the Z450's he and Gust raced last year. That's a pretty strong statement about just how good it is. Yamaha and Honda will no doubt have to update to stay in the game, cause the modded z400's were already there with them.