im an idiot

MYquadsFaster

i just got my quuad rebuilt and broken in and my friend was curious about the speed of the banshee... and was askin for a ride. so i took him to a cement back road i know ofand told him "this might sound gay but hold on to me as tight as u can" rev'd up took off pulled a wheelie in 2nd and nailed it all the way through the gears. get to the end of the road and turn around....dude had the biggest eyes, hair blown back and no helmet.. turned out the wheelie popped his helmet off cause it wasnt strapped so im cruisin back and see the helmet on the road...dont ask why but for some reason i decide to try and pick the helmet up while moving insteead of just stopping and grabbing it.....i go to reach to grab the helmet and my arm catches the bars and pulls me to the left gets the quad on 2 feet and flips us up and forward into the 6 inch water grassy marsh on the side of the road completely drenching us with nasty water....wow was that the stupidest thing ive done in awhile....luckily everything turned out alright and no injuries to either us or the shee

lol no thin like drive by helmet scoops thank go dure not pickin ure brains off the floor........ i could care less if u ware a helmet or not its not my brain BUT IF U DO atleast strap it !!!!!! the crash i was in it wasnt strapped and it didnt do shit to me never again . will i use a helmet unstrapped ( theres no point )

yore lucky , glad youre ok though

i NEVER ride without my helmet,,, id be dead 20 times over by now

the funny thing is that years, and years ago, when i was a wee little lad ,, back in the 3 wheeler days, i NEVER wore a hemet,, just a t shrit and a backward baseball cap and all the shit i did back then, it amazes me how im still alive,,,, :confused:

but now,, a hemet is the first thing i grab when i go shee riding

My melon would be mush if I didn't wear my helmet, but the real point of the story is don't doubble, thats why Yamaha put all those large stupid plaques and stickers with rivets in 2 languages all over the bike "NO PASSENGERS"

yore lucky , glad youre ok though

i NEVER ride  without my helmet,,,  id be dead 20 times over by now

the funny thing is that years, and years ago, when i was a wee little lad ,, back in the 3 wheeler days, i NEVER wore a hemet,, just a t shrit and a backward baseball cap  and all the shit i did back then, it amazes me how im still alive,,,,  :confused:

but now,, a hemet is the first thing i grab when i go  shee riding

467498[/snapback]

Glad you don't live close to me.... Ride by only wearing a t shirt and backward baseball cap :blink::bolt:

Very rarely will you see me without a helmet...

RIPPEN

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Everyone has stories about being glad they had their helmet on. About 10 yrs ago I was puttin' through the woods with my dad and little bro on our quads. Back then I was sportin that Bad Mo'fo of a Moto-4. We would only do about 10-15 mph and stop about every 150 yds. I got sick of taking my helmet off and restrapping it every 2-3 minutes. My pops PREACHES helmet safety on anything EXCEPT bicycles (thats just dumb). Anyway, I decide I am not gonna wear mine, he flips out and say we aren't goin another 2 feet until I put it on and strap it. I get all pissed off (as a 14yr old know-it-all would) and go to pass my lil bro who jumped in front of me during the ordeal. I went off the trail doing about 25-30mph and hit a 2" around tree stump on my tire and it flipped me around sideways and I flew over the bars. I smacked my melon on another tree and spun a 360 in mid air, landed in the middle of the trail as my little brother slid up to me. His front tire butted up against my helmet. It saved me TWICE in that wreck alone.

I'd definitely have splattered brain matter in quite a few places in my days since then. You won't find me riding without a helmet very often now. Although I won't say it doesnt happen. But if I'm on the Shee....the helmet is ON!

During one my many trips to the Badlands riding park with the kids I was doing some hill climbs and got a good run going in 2nd lost powerband about half way up thought i had it but lost it, shifted down to first and nailed it guess what happened? I came straight up in the air bike came over the top of me,kept my feet on the pedals let the bike go over me and it landed sideways below me.There was a huge rock for my helmet to hit on scratched it up good. I could only imagine what would have happened to my melon had I not had it on!!

• 3 weeks later...

haha i love to laugh at other peoples stupidity. cause i know youll all laugh at me too. my moment of clarity when i decided always to wear a helmet happend when i was on the cr on the lake riding wheelies all over the plowed road. an expedition pulls off to the right of the "road" and his brake lightsand reverse lights flash so i know hes in park. dont know what hes going to do so i decide to rip by him fast and get out of his way(wise decision right) so i drop a gear and pop a wheely im about 10 feet away from him and pulls out infront of me. i grab the brakes and ride an endo strait into his driver door. smashing my face against the window. banghead studded tires fucking gouged the shit out of the door brake lever dented and scraped. bent his running board down and knocked my ass out for like 60seconds. i come to and hes all concernd and shit im just go off on him for being a dumb fuck and not seeing or hearing a red dirtbike in the middle of the snow.

long story short i broke my middle finger, bikes fine he got $2300 damage to his new truck. ha take that fucker!! :headbang: