Whats was the cause...

Bigvincent

You ever look up into your exhaust yet ? See if those skirts are still alive? I'd be yankin those jugs , see whats going on ? :blink: I'd also think about gettin rid of that green stuff and put some engine ice in when it goes back together...

Edited by crazywheelerman365

Going off the fact you have a 2:1, I would be looking for a leak. I would definately yank it all apart.

I would be looking at the intake and the stator seal. It's obviously blown up, which unfortunately is part of the game.

You DO NOT want a fresh rebuild to the same thing if you have a leak.

a ring might have caught a port int he cylinder, then bounced around on top of the piston and chewing it up like that...there may not be an airleak but when you put it back together seal everything really well with some ultra grey sealant, except the head gasket, clean all surfaces as best you can with a razor blade then block sand it with 400+ grit sand paper...clean it up really well, remember 90% of the dirt in your engine comes from assembly, so be clean clean clean and you'll have less problems down the road, like crank seals, etc...good luck tho, i had a ring catch a transfer port and screw everything up, i have a set of .020" over jugs that need to be bored to .030" if you need em, and also a like new stock head, used for less than 5 weekends off of a 2005, PM me for details and pics

~Mark~

yeah, any air leaking in after the carb slide...could be the case seals, crank seals, any intake area and i've even heard of some exhaust leaks causing problems...but not likely, anyway check your gaskets for tears, might as well replace them all while you're in there and coat them with ultra grey(not silicone based) before installation, except for head gasket like i said before, leave it dry...with the engine running most poeple spray carb cleaner around the seal areas and if it dies or the idle changes rapidly you have found a leak...good luck and there is little coolant drain bolts on each side of the cylinders, they use a 10mm wrench, good luck

~Mark~

To check for air leaks you should pruessure test your engine.I do after any rebuild and durning the off season.I spent $20 at a hardware store for all the parts.I use the air compressor in the garage.If you don't have one you can use a vaccum gage.All you need is to plug your exhaust and one intake with rubber plugs.And get some PVC and mod a fitting into it for compressed air or vaccum on the other intake.