Amp Link ?

We do a ton of hill climing here in West Virginia and my budy runs an AMP Link on a +3 swingarm and swears buy it ? I also am running a +3 swingarm but with no AMP Link and have riddin his and i swear i cant see the difference ? He clames that his AMP Link is like putting traction bars on a car ? Do I need to consider one of these things ? What exactly are they for ? traction? I really cant see what the purpose is ? It doesn't seem to be doing anything... :blink:

Some people like them, and some don't, but I run one. What they do, is keep the chain from compressing the back shock, which uses some engine HP. This is done, by moving the pivot point of the chain forward, so it's in line with the swingarm pivot bolt. It also does away with the stock chain rollers. It actually puts more HP to the back tires, now whether or not you have the tires to get the HP hooked up to the ground, is up to you. I run mine mostly in the sand at Little Sahara, and I can tell a difference. You will have to replace the sprockets once in awhile, and they aren't real cheap, about $70-$75 for both sprockets and bearings.

Shorter swingarm is real good idea on the hills for me , i like the stability , I'm not really having a problem with traction , I just wasn't sure if this was an item i needed to consider purchasing ? I think im going to pass on it and spend it on something else though , thanks for the input guy's !!! :cheers:

after riding at waynoka with dalegoldsten. i would say junk that piece of shit.

dales went bad chewed up his chain and cost him money and riding.

bad scam if you ask me i dont see how it work or could work.

save your money

Can be a pain .Not meant really for traction,Its keeps your chain from pulling tight.Therefor your swing arm floats better in the roughstuff.I guess you get better traction in the rough,but makes no difference like in a straight drag.And I would say it has to cost you a little power any time you add more parts.Yea mine came apart and broke my side case also.I would say if your a cross country racer it would help,other wise steer clear.