Swap

namshee

Will the above work? if so, does anybody have a A-Z how to on this? the things that i have started to consider is the following: CDI unit, gearbox, gear ratios (can the entire thing be switched over?) etc.

any help will be high;y appreciated.

ps, i have searched, but the topics doesn't exactly go from point a-b-c, thy are quite random and pretty confusing at times.

Will the above work? if so, does anybody have a A-Z how to on this? the things that i have started to consider is the following: CDI unit, gearbox, gear ratios (can the entire thing be switched over?) etc.

any help will be high;y appreciated.

ps, i have searched, but the topics doesn't exactly go from point a-b-c, thy are quite random and pretty confusing at times.

460630[/snapback]

Did you really mean RD????????? Those are all air cooled right?

The 'elsie' was ever released in the states? Don't think so.

I thought the states wet model was the RZ...

Not that it matters. It's still the heritage of the Banshee. A power valve setup..even the servo controlled RZ type would be fun!

Don't know how they fit...not even the A-C of it......

Edited by canyncarvr

In the US it's called RZ, overseas it was RD. I'm sure he's talking about the RZ as we all know it though.

You can either do the top end or the whole thing, i went with the whole engine, swapped out the banshee gears as the rz's are better suited for the street. You need the stator, flywheel, wiring harness, cdi, powervalve contorol unit, servo motor, exhaust flanges, pipes that will go around the powervalves uhhh i think thats it

In the US it's called RZ, overseas it was RD. I'm sure he's talking about the RZ as we all know it though.

You can either do the top end or the whole thing, i went with the whole engine, swapped out the banshee gears as the rz's are better suited for the street. You need the stator, flywheel, wiring harness, cdi, powervalve contorol unit, servo motor, exhaust flanges, pipes that will go around the powervalves uhhh i think thats it

460842[/snapback]

NO the RZ was available in both, the RD did come liquid cooled for 2 years, the RZ is powervalve, the RD is not.

The RD350lc made a little more power than the banshee motor, and it has a intake runner that looks more like the exhaust port (single hole). A friend of mine has a RD35lc and I did his top end for him.

The engine will bolt right in, the tranny ratios are longer like the RZ.

As far as I know you should be able to make a harness to fit the RD stator and you'll be on your way.

enjoy.

i dont really see the point...

460706[/snapback]

Hey Loco,

Actually, its not for me but a friend not yet registered on the HQ. he did register yesterday late and will probably continue with this. i think he got two of thr RD motors for very cheap and his shee motor went some time ago - now trying to get the thing going again but the dough is s bit of a problem...

Quinlan has contacted me and i will give him my friends user name for further reference.

:cheers: